We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Hotel to Stay at Before Cruising

Which Tampa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Best Hotel to Stay at Before Cruising

My husband and I will be sailing on 9/23 and will need to fly into Tampa the night before (9/22) - we would like to find a hotel that would provide a shuttle from the airport to the hotel and then a shuttle to the cruise terminal the next morning. Then when we come back on the 30th, we would need a ride from the cruise terminal to the airport as we will not be spending the night in Tampa when we return from the cruise - any suggestions? Thx!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,522 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Hotel to Stay at Before Cruising

I know that has been asked before in this forum - the pre cruise shuttles. But I don't recall which hotels do that. See if a search turns up anything.

Tampa, Florida
Destination Expert
for Tampa
Level Contributor
1,820 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Hotel to Stay at Before Cruising

Look to your right upper corner and it's under frequently asked questions. There is a link with hotels with cruise specials. Read the print as they don't all offer both.

There are cabs lined up at the cruise terminal after the cruise. The cab fare from the airport to the cruise terminal is a flat rate of $25. I'm not sure if the flat rate applies to the reverse, but it should cost about the same, give or take a few dollars.

Denver, Colorado...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Hotel to Stay at Before Cruising

Thank you so much for this response - very helpful and I will start my search for a hotel and transportation. I assume "fsufan" is Florida State University - being that I'm a Gator Fan, I won't hold that against you...heehee! My husband is a FSU fan, however! I grew up in Jacksonville, FL and now live in Colorado - have been here since 1981. Looking forward to the cruise R&R time! Again, thanks for the information - much appreciated! Take care!

Denver, Colorado...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Hotel to Stay at Before Cruising

Thank you for your response - I'll begin my "search"! Thanks again!

Edited: 7:40 am, August 23, 2012
Tampa, Florida
Destination Expert
for Tampa
Level Contributor
1,820 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Hotel to Stay at Before Cruising

You're welcome. My husband is a Gator alumni, so I won't hold it against YOU :)

6. Re: Best Hotel to Stay at Before Cruising

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 25, 2013