We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel on the beach

Franklin Square...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel on the beach

Hi all, I know there's a lot of people who reccomend St Pete's or Clearwater - but I want to be within 10-15 minutes of the Tampa international airport but beachfront if possible.

I thought the hotel I had - best western bay harbor - and it is but you can't go into the water there.

Any suggestions?

USA
Level Contributor
718 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel on the beach

20 miles west of Tampa International Airport is Clearwater Beach. It should take you about 30 minutes to get there. You have several good choices there: Hilton, Hyatt, Holiday Inn.

USA
Level Contributor
718 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel on the beach

Forgot to mention, one road, Gulf to Bay Blvd (or route 60).

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
796 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel on the beach

Tampa Bay is not "oceanfront". It will look like a lake if your hotel is on the bay.

and you will be closer to the airport there.

Clearwater Beach is oceanfront hotels, but a 30-40 minute trip to the airport.

about 20 miles.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
796 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel on the beach

www.bestwesternonclearwaterbeach.com

This is 20 miles from the airport., but it is oceanfront.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,804 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel on the beach

Within 10 to 15 minutes of Tampa airport there are NO beaches. And the other place you mentioned is St. Pete (no 's on the end).

Edited: 5:57 pm, July 12, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel on the beach

No beaches in Tampa. Nearest is Clearwater Beach, and St. Pete Beach, and the smaller beaches between them. Clearwater Beach is the nearest, about a 40 minute drive from the airport.

Best Western Bay Harbor is on Rocky Point, which is about 10 minutes from the airport. There is a smal beach by it (walkable), but it is a small beach on the bay, not the gulf. Not even in the same league as the gulf beaches. Swimming is not recommended there, and even banned often, due to high bacteria in the water.

7. Re: Hotel on the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 14, 2013