We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food Policy at Busch Gardens

South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
108 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Food Policy at Busch Gardens

I'm currently in Florida and we're planning in visiting Busch Gardens tomorrow. We've been taking food/drinks into the parks to save $ but I've just noticed on the website that this isn't permitted. Good anyone advise what food choice is like and costs?

Thank you all in advance!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,226 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food Policy at Busch Gardens

On their website they give you some info but they have mostly fastfood and counter service with a sit down TS place too.

Food is more expensive than outside a theme park, but if you go counter service you should be able to eat around $10pp or so I think.Snacks and drinks aren't cheap either- I ususally bring in a bottle of frozen water w/o problems and you could probably bring a few snacks- but I think they don't want whole coolers full?

they do have an all day eating pass that can be sold with the ticket.

Bermagui, Australia
Level Contributor
2,283 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food Policy at Busch Gardens

Do you already have your tickets? If you are a US or canadian resident you can get FREE dining at the moment via their website. Other than that the all day dining deal is around $25 and is worth the money if you will be there all day.

Canterbury...
Level Contributor
842 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food Policy at Busch Gardens

Has anyone purchased the Play and Dine tickets? From what I see on their website, it seems logical to purchase this ticket for $10.00 more than just a normal ticket ($74.00 vs $84.00)

seaworldparks.com/en/…Special-Offers

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,226 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food Policy at Busch Gardens

I did, after I posted above. And there was planty of different places to choose from. The only thing you cant have in any of the featured restaurants is Ribs/baby back ribs (although you can choose a mixed platter incl 2 ribs at the Zambia Smokehouse).

My twins decided to 'eat around the park' but were soon reduced to just grabbing a drink at most places lol.

It was $10 more than the normal online reduced park entry.

Canterbury...
Level Contributor
842 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Food Policy at Busch Gardens

amanx, Was bottled water included? So, with this ticket, you can have lunch and dinner and it's all included?

Toronto, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Food Policy at Busch Gardens

This really is a great deal if you're there all day. But it is pricey. We paid $32 for Adults and $15 for Kids over 3. We got breakfast at Zagora's Cafe and that gets you to the park early so you can enjoy rides faster. Not a lot of people show up early anyway. Since we went in August, we got our money's worth just on drinks alone. Water is included and the restaurants have a beverage section so you don't have to get into the food line if all you want is a drink. I am one to pack a cooler of food & drinks, but you need to get a 2 min. shuttle back to the p-lot and walk to your car. It's a huge parking lot and if you ain't close, good luck walking. I'm glad we did get passes and will probably try to save money and share food, even though it's not permitted. We ate 3 meals that day and were taking only what we were hungry for. We skipped desserts. I do think this policy contributes to a ridiculous amount of wasted food and tons of garbage however. People just take everything their entitled to at the counter, regardless of how hungry they are. Everything is served on plastic so you can imagine how fast garbage containers fill up. Damn shame that we Americans really aren't doing our part to reduce waste. Oh well that's my rant. Back to the deal. Get it! You'll be glad when you realize that you save time and can get on more rides & faster. All other food & beverages served at the "snack stands" are 1/2 price ( including beer). You only get free food at the restaurants. Finally, the lineups for food do get crazy at noon and 5 so avoid eating then. Hope this helps.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,226 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Food Policy at Busch Gardens

Bottled water was only included in the restaurants listed as your drink with your meal. But nothing stopping you going thru the line just for one.

AS for price, it is pricy if you pay on t he day, and cheaper (as little as $10 for us) if you buy it online as a package with your online eticket. I would not have paid more than $15 for it myself, would just have had one meal and my frozen water.

8. Re: Food Policy at Busch Gardens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, August 21, 2013