We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel for large family near busch gardens please

england
Level Contributor
22 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
hotel for large family near busch gardens please

we are looking for a hotel that can accomodate our family of 8, mum dad and 6 kids, but 3 of the kids are over 18.

we would like somewhere not too far from busch gardens, preferably a suite with breakfast?no too expensive?

many thanks

Zephyrhills
Level Contributor
165 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel for large family near busch gardens please

I live not too far from Tampa so I've never had to stay in a hotel in tampa but I have stayed in the hotel chain called Baymont Inn and Suites which is part of Wyndham hotels and I highly recommend them. They always offer continential breakfast (some is more fancy than others). You will have to get 2 rooms really no matter where you stay because of the large family, as most rooms are two queens which fit 4 people comfortably but you can request conjoining rooms.

Read reviews on here for the hotels around busch gardens (fun but going to be hott and crowded in the summer) There are 2 hotels from Wyndham fairly close to busch gardens, one is 4 miles, the other 7. They are fairly priced considering the location. I've listed the link to the one that has better reviews below, but as I said read all reviews on here and check out the hotels website before you make a decision. Hope this helps.

http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/TPAWH/main.wnt

Ambyr

Mentioned in this post
Tampa
Tampa
Florida
england
Level Contributor
22 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel for large family near busch gardens please

thanks very much

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,243 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel for large family near busch gardens please

Any reason you want to stay right near the BG park? Not the best area IMHO, not realy a tourist area although there are chain motels and some chain restaurants too. I also find I do not aty in the park from opening til closing so usually leave early enough to drive elsewhere.

I would suggest instead a hotel in Westshore, or better yet near one of the beaches if you want an overnight stay.

Other good suite hotel chains are Homewood Suites and Staybridge suites. Chekc their websites to see if they have places nearby.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
9,285 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel for large family near busch gardens please

There's an Embassy Suites on Fowler Ave., a little less than 2 miles from the Busch entrance. They have a free hot breakfast which would probably make up for the higher cost of a room compared to another hotel that only offers a continental breakfast. Plus if you walk to Busch you will save on the parking.

The Embassy is very near the USF campus.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,243 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel for large family near busch gardens please

North of fowler you have the USF campus. Ok, if a bit chain city.

But south there are sme dodgy neighborhoods IMHO. Basicaly I can no reason to stay near there, unless you have a student at USF.

england
Level Contributor
22 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel for large family near busch gardens please

thanks for replies...

is busch gardens the the south?

and therefor a dodgy neighborhood?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
9,285 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel for large family near busch gardens please

It is bordering on the dodgy area but it's ok in the daytime to walk by or to drive by at night.

8. Re: hotel for large family near busch gardens please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:41 am, June 21, 2013