We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hampton inn airport/westshore

hartford, CT
6 posts
Save Topic
hampton inn airport/westshore

Will be staying here for 1 nite easter weekend prior to cruise with group (adults/children). Is this place clean and how far/cost to port? Any family restaurants around here within walking distance and also am told international mall is within 1 mile. Is it safe to walk there? thanks

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,545 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hampton inn airport/westshore

It might be helpful for you to visit the hotel's webpage (…hilton.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml…) for more information. I trust that this Hampton Inn would be satisfactory for your stay and since it is located in a business area, it should be safe for walking. I believe that there is a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse nearby. I am not sure what this hotel is like, as I can only find one review of it.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hampton inn airport/westshore

The hotel is fine, and in a safe business area. Intl Plaza is 1 mile north while Westshore Plaza is 1 mile South. Closest family type restaurant is Durango's at the Best Western Westshore Hotel.

Mentioned in this post
WestShore Plaza
WestShore Plaza
79 Reviews
Tampa, FL
hartford, CT
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: hampton inn airport/westshore

thanks for the info. Are there any chain restaurants around Hampton Inn? Also, what is the cost for a cab from hotel to port?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hampton inn airport/westshore

Cab should run you less than $20.00. At Intl Plaza there is a food Court(Chick-fil-a, Sabarros, Subway, etc.), and Bay Street which has Cheesecake Factory, Too Jays, Champps, Capitol Grille, Bamboo Club, etc. Westshore Plaza to the south has a food court also, and Maggiano's, The Palm, Steak n Ale. Durango's is also a chain restaurant at the Best Western, and there is an iHop around the corner from your hotel.

Mentioned in this post
WestShore Plaza
WestShore Plaza
79 Reviews
Tampa, FL
St. Petersburg, FL
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hampton inn airport/westshore

If you are staying at the Hampton Inn I highly recommend Leroy Selmons restaurant. The nachos with pulled pork and okra are enough for two adults as a meal. The ribs are great with the cheesy grits. Try it. Yummy. Next door is Flemmings for a romantic steak house and fine wine list, and Roys "Hawaiian Fusion' for seafood with a citrus taste (splurge). But, for a family, go to Selmons. It is at Boyscout and Lois. This is one & block from Hampton/Westshore. The Hampton may even take you to the restaurant if they have a van. Traffic is bad, I would not recommend walking during rush hour or night with children. Be careful in day also/ sidewalks available but heavy traffic near airport/shopping and business. Maggianos Italian is at Westshore mall. Great food, family style available, moderate price.

Mentioned in this post
Roy's
Roy's
575 Reviews
Tampa, FL
hartford, CT
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: hampton inn airport/westshore

thank you so much for all the info you've both given me and my family. It will come in handy!!!