We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advantage Rent-A-Car

Which Tampa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oregon
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Advantage Rent-A-Car

Been checking out car rentals from Tampa Int'l Airport ... Advantage Rent A Car comes up with best prices but there are such mixed reviews. Has anyone rented from them lately?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,525 posts
Save Reply
101. Re: Advantage Rent-A-Car

missmolly, did you try getting the cc company to reverse the charges. I'm sure they have many similar complaints on file and unfortunately yours will not be the last.

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,938 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
102. Re: Advantage Rent-A-Car

What are the "various" and "random fees" you did not agree to? How much was the charge?

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,364 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
103. Re: Advantage Rent-A-Car

I don't know the rules for Canadian credit cards, but in the US you could certainly dispute the charges and your credit cad company could at a minimum get an explanation of the charges. If Advantage can not give them an explanation they should reverse the charges.

Parker, CO
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
104. Re: Advantage Rent-A-Car

Stay away from this rental car company! They overbook their cars on purpose so you will likely have to wait for one to show up. They cannot do anything to help you locally and make you go through terrible corporate call center that doesn't care at all. I'm still trying to get a refund from a trip two months ago when they didn't have a car for me. Terrible, terrible, terrible!

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,364 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
105. Re: Advantage Rent-A-Car

If it's not too late you should contest the charge with your credit card company.

Atlanta, Georgia...
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
106. Re: Advantage Rent-A-Car

Yes the absolutely Suck! long lines poor service Deceptive! and Manger Terry Gibson is a total A@@!

107. Re: Advantage Rent-A-Car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10:36 am, June 19, 2013
Tampa
Level Contributor
2 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
108. Re: Advantage Rent-A-Car

We are currently renting from them and will never again. They use the intimidation technique at the counter once you get there and are extremely rude and pushy. The extended sell is painful to go through and they won't take no for an answer until you demand to get your car and leave. The building is a small trailer that is quite a distance from the airport and very inconvenient. We made reservations via Travelocity and when we finally got through the BS with the so called salesperson the reservation price was increased and at that point it seemed that no one was "able" to help us. I'm confident when I suggest: DON'T RENT FROM THIS PLACE!

Tampa
Level Contributor
2 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
109. Re: Advantage Rent-A-Car

We won't use them again either! Stay far far away!

east coast usa
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
110. Re: Advantage Rent-A-Car

RUN, don't stroll - AS FAR WAY FROM ADVANTAGE TAMPA AS POSSIBLE ! Absolutely terrible, believe those reviews you are reading. I have personally been duped out of $300 for THEIR car that left us on the side of the road. Their electrical system failure cost me 6 hours and $300. Holy cow.