We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Decent restaurant between Tampa Intl Airport and downtown

Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Decent restaurant between Tampa Intl Airport and downtown

There are four of us landing at Tampa Intl. on Saturday night about 6:00 pm. We are staying downtown at the Waterside Marriott.

I’m looking for a place to eat dinner that is in between the airport and our hotel. I want to make a reservation before hand so we don’t have to wait long (two of our party is elderly and one handicapped).

I was looking at Longhorn Steakhouse on Dale Mabry just off 275, do they take reservations? Are there any other decent places we should look at? We don’t need a 5-star place but are looking for a nice steak, chicken or rib place. Outback’s would be great but I think they are too far off the highway.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Genman

Mentioned in this post
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Decent restaurant between Tampa Intl Airport and downtown

You only about 7 miles from the Marriott Waterside downtown Tampa from Tampa Airport.(They ahve some good restaurants in and around the hotel downtown) But if you must stop after arriving to the airport, here is a suggestion:

Head to Lee Roy Selmon's 813-871-3287(you wont be dissapointed, chicken, steaks and ribs) on Boy Scout Blvd just outside the airport.(Take Spruce Street exit, which turns into Boy Scout Blvd after Westshore Blvd., it is on the right at corner of Lois Ave and Boy Scout). Then , just take Lois Ave south to I-275 North to the Marriott Waterside downtown.

I hope this helps!

Mentioned in this post
Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina
Tampa Marriott Waterside...
3,015 Reviews
Tampa, FL
Tampa
Tampa
Florida
Lee Roy Selmon's
Lee Roy Selmon's
344 Reviews
Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Decent restaurant between Tampa Intl Airport and downtown

Thanks for the great recommendation.

It sounds great, I'm traveling with my Mom and Dad and when I mentioned it, he knew who Lee Roy was and said "perfect".

Does Lee Roy Selmon's take reservations? My mom can't stand too long or walk too far and has to sit regularly. I know from past experience that the good restaurants in the Tampa area get very busy certain nights. If we have to wait for a table, I may look else ware for a place that will take a reservation.

Genman

Mentioned in this post
Roy's
Roy's
575 Reviews
Tampa, FL
Lee Roy Selmon's
Lee Roy Selmon's
344 Reviews
Tampa, FL
Tampa
Tampa
Florida
Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
80 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Decent restaurant between Tampa Intl Airport and downtown

Not sure about reservations Genman, call the restaurant at 813-871-3287 and see if they'll help you out. Enjoy your stay!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Decent restaurant between Tampa Intl Airport and downtown

They should take your reservation, or at least call ahead before you leave the airport, and let them know your situation.

Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Decent restaurant between Tampa Intl Airport and downtown

Thanks to everyone who helped with this trip. We leave tomorrow and I'll post a update after we eat at Lee Roy Selman's after we land at the airport.

Genman

Mentioned in this post
Roy's
Roy's
575 Reviews
Tampa, FL
6. Re: Decent restaurant between Tampa Intl Airport and downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, May 09, 2009