We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best beach in the winter

Which Tampa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Memphis
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Best beach in the winter

I will be in Tampa and would like to know the ONE beach to visit in early January. Obviously we won't be swimming, but what are the locals' sugesstions for the best beach with the white sand, pretty landscape, etc, that I can visit for one afternoon. A beach with maybe a few other attractions nearby would be nice (restaurant, shops, something along those lines).

Thanks!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best beach in the winter

By far the best beach in the Tampa Bay area is North Beach at Fort DeSoto Park. All natural Florida beach.

Although if you want some shops, restaurants around check out Pass-A-Grille just south of St. Pete Beach. Hurricane rooftop for a drink, and there are many local small shops and resturants, very nice beach as well and is only 5 miles from Fort DeSoto.

Check www.floridasbeach.com for Fort DeSoto and Pass-A-Grille.

I hope this helps!

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
80 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best beach in the winter

Yep, what tampan said! You might get lucky and have a gorgeous day to walk the beach!

liverpool ny
Level Contributor
824 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best beach in the winter

Sarasota has some beautiful beaches also but that may be a bit far from the Tampa area. I agree with the suggestions of PassaGrille and the Hurracaine Rooftop bar. St Pete Beach is really nice with a lot of cool bars & restaurants along Gulf Blvd.