We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at Wyndham Westshore in business district..

Level Contributor
201 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Staying at Wyndham Westshore in business district..

For a conferance in November.

I am wondering if I need to rent a car during the days of the conference. I am told there are plenty of restaurants in a mall type area within walking distance. I am looking for nice, sit down restaurants with fine dining type food. If that is true, I will not rent a car until the weekend, when the conferance is over.

Also, we are staying through the Saturday (leaving Sunday at noon). I was thinking of going to Busch Gardens and want to know if anyone has taken one of the in-depth tours they offer. They are private behind the scenes tours of the animal areas with safari and also can include front of the line access to the rides. I have done this at Sea World before and enjoyed it, but wondering if the one at Busch Gardens is worth it.

Anything suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

Tampa Bay CityPASS
25 Reviews
from $107.00*
Best Seller
The Florida Aquarium in Tampa Bay
28 Reviews
from $24.65*
Special Offer
Aquatica Orlando
13 Reviews
from $43.99*
$69.22
Level Contributor
201 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying at Wyndham Westshore in business district..

Hello... hello..

Anybody out there :)

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying at Wyndham Westshore in business district..

Across the street from Westshore Wyndham is the Westshore Plaza with: Palm Restaurant, Maggianos, PF CHangs, Steak n Ale . Shula's is in the Wyndham. So yes, there are many fine dining options.Also, there is a Starbucks and Panera Bread, Chipotle's walking distance. You wont need a car.

As far as behind the scenes, ive heard both good and bad.

Level Contributor
201 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying at Wyndham Westshore in business district..

Thanks so much Tampan! Now, I feel much more comfortable with waiting until Saturday to rent a car.