We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florida Travel Scam / Ripoff - PTS Travel (PTS Incentives)

New York
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Florida Travel Scam / Ripoff - PTS Travel (PTS Incentives)

I received a nice looking vacation certificate called "Getaway To Paradise" which offers 3 days 2 nights hotel stay in many of the tourist locations across U.S. and was originally very excited about the experience I was going to get. Well...here follows a very frustrating story.

1. The certificate states that you have to send in the certificate with $50 refundable deposit in the form of check. Once the check is received, a welcome letter will be sent with reservation number that I can call to book my reservation. Well... when I got the welcome letter several weeks later, I was shocked. The welcome letter was printed on some high-school looking paper with one reservation number that no matter how many times or what time of day you call, it will always switch you to voicemail. Nice to hear that there's a reservation line who never picks up to take your reservations.

2. When I finally got their sales' marketing number to track down my only hope of booking for a vacation, (813) 289-7772, they transfer me over and over and the system either hangs up by itself or just go into more voicemails.

3. The certificate only states that reservation for the hotel is "limited during holiday, peak seasons and weekends". What it really means by "limited" is that it is total black out, not only holidays, but 7 days before and 7 days after. This is the message I get when I finally got through all the voicemails and found someone (via email) I could communicate.

Not only that, when I tried to book a vacation that is not what they defined as holiday, the travel agent immediately told my destination is not available and I must participate in a 90 minute presentation in order for them to book me a room. Well... if I'm willing to participate in 90 minute presentation, it's not a gift certificate, it's a SCAM and if I'm willing to participate in 90 minute presentation, why should I pay you booking fee when I can get the resort resevation free with even additional gifts. I looked on Expedia and Travelocity etc to see if any hotels are available during the time I try to book and voila, there are plenty of vacancies unlike what the travel agent said "all booked"

So I told the agent that I just want to use my certificate to book for a vacation and I'm not interested in participate in any presentation. Of course, once I sent the email, she never wanted to speak to me again.

So all you travelers out there, be very careful when you send in your hard earned money to these scam artists like PTS Travel (PTS Incentives, Prestige Travel Systems). Your ticket to a supposed "Get Away to Paradise" can be a tickt to "Getaway to Hell"

Boston
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Florida Travel Scam / Ripoff - PTS Travel (PTS Incentives)

This is a great post. I wish I had this information last summer when I took the family on vacation. We bought a package deal from Universal Adventure USA which I though was a scam and it turned out I got everything they told me I would get had a great time. The accommodations were lovely. I usually do not review things, but Universal Adventure USA puts together a great deal and you should check them out. The only number I have for them is 866-800-0580.

Eric

eric.turmels@gmail.com

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,712 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Florida Travel Scam / Ripoff - PTS Travel (PTS Incentives)

Call me a skeptic, but I doubt Universal Adventure can do anything for you that you can't do better on your own with a little research.

Eric is a first time TA poster, which always makes me even more skeptical.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,911 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Florida Travel Scam / Ripoff - PTS Travel (PTS Incentives)

because everyone goes ahead and plunks down their money when they think it's a scam.

New York
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Florida Travel Scam / Ripoff - PTS Travel (PTS Incentives)

Ah ha, I wish I had found this complaint about PTS earlier before going through the torture.

ripoffreport.com/reports/…RipOff0257025.htm

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
380 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Florida Travel Scam / Ripoff - PTS Travel (PTS Incentives)

"If it sounds too good to be true,it usually is"-old saying that is correct. Always good to have a reminder,tho.

Ca.
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Florida Travel Scam / Ripoff - PTS Travel (PTS Incentives)

About two years ago, I purchased a deal from a company called travel universal that offered me two nights in Orlando, two nights in Cocoa beach, and four nights in Mexico for a few hundred dollars. The only catch was that I had to attend a short meeting on timeshares in Florida and Mexico. In view of all that has happened in recent months I probably wouldn't go to Mexico anyway and I actively discourage all I can from going to Mexico as they are a lawless country with little or no regard for Americans or Canadians. However, after visiting Florida a few times, yes I'm Canadian, I have become very fond of Florida and would like to contiunue to vacation in Florida. However, to the point. The company who called themselves travel universal, are nowhere to be found. I only recently discovered this as I was attempting to book the vacation I had paid for. They have numerous internet links, but they all lead back to nowhere. Does anyone have any information on this bogus company or what name they might be operating under at present. I am in the process of frowarding copies of all the info I have to the authorities in Florida but any information in support of this would be helpful. good luck with your vacations, and beware of scammers.

FLORIDA
Level Contributor
79 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Florida Travel Scam / Ripoff - PTS Travel (PTS Incentives)

Moonriver, sorry to hear about your bad experience.

I get these kind of offers all the time on my fax machine at work. I always end up trashing them and having my number removed from their data base.

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Florida Travel Scam / Ripoff - PTS Travel (PTS Incentives)

Every day in my spam email I get these offers - 3 nights in Cancun on us ... yeah right. If they were all legit, I could live in Cancun for free. LOL.

atlanta
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Florida Travel Scam / Ripoff - PTS Travel (PTS Incentives)

I agree with everyone's statement on here r/e PTS travel. Same story different person do not give your money to these so called travel agents. I was also mislead, ripeed off and scammed for airline tickets! They tell you you can get 2 free airline tickets anywhere in hte U.S. well you spend 50.00 per ticket then they screw you around call from untracable numbers if you have a question and deny your every city you pick to travel to. This kind of scam operation needs to be a.parker512yaharrested and put in jail for taking people's money.

atlanta
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Florida Travel Scam / Ripoff - PTS Travel (PTS Incentives)

I agree with everyone's statement on here r/e PTS travel. Same story different person do not give your money to these so called travel agents. I was also mislead, ripeed off and scammed for airline tickets! They tell you you can get 2 free airline tickets anywhere in hte U.S. well you spend 50.00 per ticket then they screw you around call from untracable numbers if you have a question and deny your every city you pick to travel to. This kind of scam operation needs to b2yaharrested and put in jail for taking people's money.