We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

days inn north of busch gardens and area???????

Which Tampa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
georgia
1 post
Save Topic
days inn north of busch gardens and area???????

Ok what is the scoop here? Is it a waste of money ? Is the area so bad that it would be unsafe? Is it loud and noisy?

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: days inn north of busch gardens and area???????

If that Days Inn is on Fowler Ave, it is an okay area. Don't know about the hotel.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: days inn north of busch gardens and area???????

I think it's at Fletcher and 275. I have never stayed at the hotel but I think it should be a decent, budget type place to stay near BG. If that's what you're looking for, I think it will be fine. There will be restaurants and such along the interstate exits, or right by BG. I would stick to those and not go to far wandering side streets looking for a nice restaurant. As with anywhere, be aware of your surroundings, don't leave shopping bags/luggage etc in view in an unattended car etc. It is not the BEST part of town, but, if it were me, I'd feel OK there. Common sense and stick to the interstate exit restaurants, hotel lounges etc.

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: days inn north of busch gardens and area???????

Yes, that area is .... well you have to be careful. If your plan is to visit Busch Gardens, read some more in the forum. The Best Western just behind BG gets good reviews from someone here who regularly puts office and family visitors there.

Otherwise look for hotels on Fowler Ave close to USF.

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: days inn north of busch gardens and area???????

Oh, and that BG is pretty close to the I-275 hwy. You might just be hearing the traffic noise depending on which room you get.

Winter Garden...
Level Contributor
254 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: days inn north of busch gardens and area???????

Days Inn seems to have a bad reputation in Florida as being crappy hotels. Read the reviews!

6. Re: days inn north of busch gardens and area???????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, September 04, 2009