We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

quick!! help deciding which hotel!! way too picky

Atlanta, Georgia
1 post
Save Topic
quick!! help deciding which hotel!! way too picky

hi y'all - we are arriving thursday and i still haven't booked our hotel. i actually hate staying at hotels because i apparently aquired a bedbug phobia during the 2010 hype about it. it is seriously annoying. my favorite type of hotel is a brand new one! :) anyway, we are coming down with our 17 year old son and will be there 3 days(college visit). i am trying to decide where to stay. i really want something spectacular with a view. but i i also want updated and new and clean and no bed bugs. the Tampa Marriott Waterside fits that, except, it had reports of bedbugs a year or two ago, and it i nestled in downtown, which seems to have numerous bedbug reports. so, should i just get over that? :)

here are the hotels i'm considering

Tampa Marriott Waterside

AC Hotel - brand new, but in a business district. so, that's a huge trade off

Epicurean hotel hyde park - love staying in hotels like this normally, but there is no view and with so much water around i hate not to view it

Hotel Zamora - st pete - if we decide just to stay on the beach

any suggestions (or therapy :) would be helpful.

thanks

Mentioned in this post
Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina
Tampa Marriott Waterside...
3,033 Reviews
Tampa, FL
Epicurean Hotel, Autograph Collection
Epicurean Hotel...
752 Reviews
Tampa, FL
3 replies to this topic
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
9,374 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: quick!! help deciding which hotel!! way too picky

There are a few with a view of Tampa Bay: Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, Hampton Inn Rocky Point, The Westin Tampa Bay (also in the Rocky Point area). Any particular college for this visit?

Mentioned in this post
Tampa
Tampa
Florida
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay
3,184 Reviews
Tampa, FL
Westin Tampa Bay
Westin Tampa Bay
774 Reviews
Tampa, FL
St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: quick!! help deciding which hotel!! way too picky

The Zamora is a nice boutique hotel with a great roof top for music, food, beverages. You would want to request 2nd floor with either beach or inlet view. The beach access is across the street and 1 block south. There are several other beach front locations such as the Don Cesar and Grand Plaza. In the city of St. Petersburg, the newly refurbished Vinoy is highly recommended. These are great locations for a college visit to Eckerd College and USF St Petersburg and they are about 40 minutes + or -, depending upon traffic to University of Tampa.

Mentioned in this post
The Don CeSar
The Don CeSar
4,180 Reviews
St. Pete Beach, FL
Tampa
Tampa
Florida
St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
159 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: quick!! help deciding which hotel!! way too picky

What college are you visiting and how far are you comfortable driving?

Reply to: quick!! help deciding which hotel!! way too picky
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted