We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating near Performing Arts Centre

winnipeg
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Eating near Performing Arts Centre

I'll be in Tampa for a few days on business. Staying at the Marriot near the Tampa Performing Arts Centre. Any suggestions for restaurants.

Ta

L

Tampa, Florida
Destination Expert
for Tampa
Level Contributor
1,836 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eating near Performing Arts Centre

Not sure what you're looking for exactly. Are you staying at Courtyard Marriott downtown or Marriott Waterside? Are you wanting walking distance? I think that Courtyard Marriott might have a free shuttle within 3 miles anyway, sooo here are some suggestions for dinner:

Downtown:

Fly - kind of trendy, fun atmosphere. Great for a drink and dinner. It has small plates for sharing.

Spain - Spanish style obviously, tapas

Channelside:

Splitsville - upscale bowling alley, but also has a restaurant. Lots of good appetizers, also has American fare

Hooters and Bennigans- both have indoor/outdoor seating

Grill 29 - upscale, water views, seafood, steaks, sandwiches

Tinatapas - tapas, fun atmosphere, indoor/outdoor seating

Stumps Supperclub - Southern style

Harbour Island:

Jackson's Bistro - nice water views, indoor/outdoor seating, sushi, seafood, steaks, but also sandwiches, salads

Cafe Dufrain - little spot, New American fare

You could also take the trolley to Ybor City for tons more options. (Can walk to trolley from Marriott Waterside and shuttle could probably take you to trolley if not Ybor for Courtyard Marriott).

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eating near Performing Arts Centre

Here is a helpful link; www.tampasdowntown.com

My favs in that area are Fly, Moxies for Sandwhichs, First Watch for Breakfast, Eddie and Sam's Pizza slices, Thai Corner, SPAIN, Hatrick's, Algusto's for Mexican, Jackson's.

winnipeg
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Eating near Performing Arts Centre

Thanks for the advice. I'll be at the Marriot on East Cass St.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eating near Performing Arts Centre

I guess thats the Marriott Courtyard, just walk down Tampa Street for SPAIN, Moxies, First Watch restaurants. For Fly and Thai Corner, walk to Franklin Street. The friendly folks at the Marriott can assit with the trolley that can take you all over downtown.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,149 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eating near Performing Arts Centre

Not sure if you get breakfast with your room, but First Watch on Tampa St. a few blocks south of Cass St. is a nice breakfast, brunch, lunch spot.

If you just want to get a quick bite near the hotel, across Ashley at Tyler in the St. Petersburg Times building is a small cafe that caters to the workers in the building and nearby with breakfast sandwiches, soups/sandwiches for lunch.

6. Re: Eating near Performing Arts Centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:27 am, August 30, 2009