We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Hotel? Please HELP!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Which Hotel? Please HELP!

I am trying to decide on a hotel close to the port in Tampa. The Marriott Waterside (but I think that the dates I'm staying are sold out) or the Hyatt or the Sheraton or the Embassy Suites.

I am going on my own and meeting friends there in April. It kills me to pay over $300 a night for decent hotel staying single. Alot of the reviews for these hotels are very mixed. I don't need anything 5-star. Just alot of the reviews I see, are the hotels are dirty and or overpriced?

Any suggestions would be very helpful :) Thank you!

Tampa, Florida
Destination Expert
for Tampa
Level Contributor
1,829 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Hotel? Please HELP!

The Embassy Suites is brand new, so it should be very clean and nice. I believe most of the negative reviews seem to be about troubles with their valet parking.

I believe the Sheraton has been recently remodeled.

I had some friends stay at the Hyatt before taking the Florida Bar and they had no complaints. Of course they really only slept and showered there.

Some other hotels you could check out are the Westin Harbour Island. I had a friend stay there recently and she enjoyed her stay.

Also downtown are Residence Inn and Courtyard Marriott which may be a little less expensive.

2. Re: Which Hotel? Please HELP!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, August 23, 2009