We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap hotel near Busch Gardens just for 1 night

Belfast
Level Contributor
851 posts
Save Topic
Cheap hotel near Busch Gardens just for 1 night

Staying in Orlando but want to visit beaches on the gulf coast & then do Busch Gardens.

We are looking for a cheap hotel near BG

We don't need anything fancy as we will only be sleeping there and only for 1 night

Thanks

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap hotel near Busch Gardens just for 1 night

A recent reply on TA to a similar question:

"There are many hotels on East Fowler Avenue, 30th Street, and East Busch Blvd. that are great for a stay near Busch Gardens. I have lived in the area for over 40 years and I can assure you that you are safe and secure at the hotels near Busch Gardens. The Clarion hotel on Fowler has recently been remodeled and is near Busch Gardens. There are several hotels close enough to BG on Busch Blvd. that you could walk there if you want. Ameri-suites, Doubletree and Best Western are also on 30th street, close to BG."

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap hotel near Busch Gardens just for 1 night

Craigadunc:

I am spending WAY too much time on TA today...snowed and iced in so there you have it!! Thus, I decided to go sleuthing around re: hotels near Busch Gardens as we may also be heading that way on a future trip.

I was really surprised to read the many POOR reviews for hotels near Busch...even those mentioned by some who have posted in other places. The major exception to that was the reviews for the Holiday Inn Express accommodations.

I suggest going to the Holiday Inn site, pulling up information for all HIE locations in Tampa, determining the nearest one to Busch, and then taking it from there. Reviews for the HIE hotels (not upscale...just a good basic accommodation) were quite favorable.

Just a thought. Even though you are looking for reasonable, you don't want to end up with tawdry or unpleasant, I'm sure!

Good Luck!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap hotel near Busch Gardens just for 1 night

dThis place also had quite consistently favorable reviews...quite near Busch. Price may be lower depending upon your dates and how / where you book a room..

Tampa

La Quinta Inn and Suites Tampa USF

3701 East Fowler

Tampa, Florida 33612

United States

Average price*: $121

#9 of 138 hotels in Tampa

Belfast
Level Contributor
851 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap hotel near Busch Gardens just for 1 night

Thanks mac

That is so kind of you. I had thought of La Quinta as it seems good value

Thanks again

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap hotel near Busch Gardens just for 1 night

I second La Quinta.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,960 posts
410 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap hotel near Busch Gardens just for 1 night

We stayed at Hampton Inn and Suites on Fletcher around New Years this year and it was a nice property. Very clean, well landscaped and sets back off the road in the trees. A short 5 minute ride to BG. Typical Hampton breakfast but the Mon-Thur evening managers reception was great. Hot snacks, sweets and free canned beer. We would definately stay here again.

7. Re: Cheap hotel near Busch Gardens just for 1 night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:24 am, August 25, 2009