We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in 4 hours

miami
Level Contributor
43 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
What to do in 4 hours

I am driving by on my way to New Orleans, staying the night and maybe lunch next day, is there anything special to do in Tallahassee?? or should I just wake up early and leave on my way to New Orleans?

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in 4 hours

See the state capital, see FSU.

Tallahassee
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in 4 hours

I agree with Kris. As a Floridian, you might enjoy seeing the Capitol. If that is not your thing, you can check out Wakulla Springs. www.floridastateparks.org/wakullasprings/

Consider spending the night at the historic lodge. www.wakullacountytdc.com/wakulla-24.htm

miami
Level Contributor
43 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do in 4 hours

thank you very much! very helpful :)

Tallahassee
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do in 4 hours

If you do decide to spend the night at the Lodge, please remember that it is rustic. No internet, TV, not even sure if there are clocks in the rooms, but definitely a unique experience. There are reviews on TA that will give you more info.

At night, I think they still show movies that were filmed there, the Creature from the Black Lagoon and the old Tarzan movies. The jungle cruise is fun and if the glass bottom boats are running, I recommend them. If you want to go for a swim, the water is ice cold and very refreshing.

Many years ago a mastodon (sp?) skeleton was pulled from the springs and is now in the Florida museum downtown.

Wakulla Springs is definitely a throw back from the middle of the last century and these days many people would consider it boring but it is one of the few vestiges of old Florida still around. I hope you will go and enjoy it. (Can you tell I am a fan???)

5. Re: What to do in 4 hours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:34 am, July 12, 2011
Edited: 11:34 am, July 12, 2011
6. Re: What to do in 4 hours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, October 06, 2012