We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in downtown area?

Which Tallahassee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
238 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in downtown area?

I was thinking about taking a two night trip to Tallahassee based on some feedback I got from friend a long time ago. Basically it was about the night life in downtown Tallahassee. Supposedly it was great. I'm not that far away so I tought I would check it out.

Was he wrong?

Are there any hotels that are close to the restaurants and bars downtown and recommended?

Tallahassee
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in downtown area?

Not so sure the night life in downtown Tally is the greatest. Certainly it will be livelier during the upcoming legislative session. Mar.-Apr. The hotel Duval has a cool bar (and a Shula's restaurant). Adams street has a fun vibe with several restaurants and bars and outdoor seating.

ALoft (W hotels) is supposed to have a great bar but I haven't been there. It would be a nice place to stay.

Hopefully some else will see your question and offer some more advice.

Edited: 4:41 pm, January 28, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
2,939 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in downtown area?

My husband stayed at the Aloft for a business trip and says it was very nice place to stay.

Tallahassee
Level Contributor
128 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in downtown area?

If you are 30ish and above in age, the Hotel Duval is the best place.

Lots of professional folks hang out there.

Most of the other places close by cater to the University crowd, Po Boys, The Moon, any of the Tennessee St. bars....all mostly college age.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
238 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in downtown area?

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I may make the trip soon.

5. Re: Where to stay in downtown area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, October 12, 2012