We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A "nice" place for a graduation dinner

Orlando,Florida
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
A "nice" place for a graduation dinner

My daughter will graduate in December and I would like to take her to a nice restaurant. Although I know of many casual places to dine when I go up and visit her, I'm not familiar with the special restaurants up in Tally. Any suggestions?

Thanks so much! Susan

Florida
Level Contributor
107 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: A "nice" place for a graduation dinner

Hi. Cypress is very good, as is Georgios ,Z-bardhis , Provence ( here is some iffiness about this one) Marie Livingstons is also popular and a good steak house.

Mentioned in this post
Cypress Restaurant
Cypress Restaurant
234 Reviews
Tallahassee, FL
Orlando,Florida
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: A "nice" place for a graduation dinner

Thank you so much! I will check those out. (-:

Tallahassee
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A "nice" place for a graduation dinner

Sorry to be late responding. I agree with the above recommendations. Cypress is very good but on the expensive side. You can check their website. A La Provence is also good, at Thomasville Rd. and I-10. Z Bardi's has great food but is a casual restaurant and is not conveniently located (Bradfordville). I can also recommend Chez Pierre in mid town. There are also the usual chains-Bonefish, Carrabbas, etc.

Mentioned in this post
Cypress Restaurant
Cypress Restaurant
234 Reviews
Tallahassee, FL
A La Provence
A La Provence
157 Reviews
Tallahassee, FL
Orlando,Florida
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: A "nice" place for a graduation dinner

Thank you Suma. I will check those out as well. I guess I should have mentioned my daughter is a vegetarian, so steak houses are probably out. (-: I will look at A La Provence and Chez Pierre

Mentioned in this post
A La Provence
A La Provence
157 Reviews
Tallahassee, FL
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
100 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A "nice" place for a graduation dinner

Look also at Masa (if they area ok with Asian it is VERY good - especially for sushi - I now live in Washington DC and have yet to find anything that comes close), Andrew's 228 and Mosaic. All very good options. Cypress is pretty much the nicest place in town, but there are other "special dinner" options besides it.

Mentioned in this post
Masa
Masa
250 Reviews
Tallahassee, FL
Washington DC
Washington DC
District of Columbia
Cypress Restaurant
Cypress Restaurant
234 Reviews
Tallahassee, FL
Orlando,Florida
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: A "nice" place for a graduation dinner

Wow that is quite an endorsement! Thank you (-:

(she loves sushi)

Florida
Level Contributor
107 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: A "nice" place for a graduation dinner

Try sage

8. Re: A "nice" place for a graduation dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:42 am, May 26, 2011