We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long Weekend - Short Vacation to Tallahassee

Which Tallahassee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Georgia
Level Contributor
12 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Long Weekend - Short Vacation to Tallahassee

We are planning to take a trip to Tallahassee in the Fall and would like recommendations on where to stay. Our objective is to be able to walk to dinner in the evenings. We HATE to drive at night but don't want to eat too early. So anyone have any suggestions? Of course, we want it to be in a safe area and since we have never been to Tallahassee we need a lot of help with this decision. Thanks in advance for your help!!

Tallahassee
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Long Weekend - Short Vacation to Tallahassee

I would suggest staying downtown. Plenty of restaurants you can walk to. As far as lodging is concerned, do you have any preferences? What is your price range?

Georgia
Level Contributor
12 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Long Weekend - Short Vacation to Tallahassee

Thanks for your quick responce. We're probably lookin at $125-150 per night. Is the downtown area safe?

Tallahassee
Level Contributor
128 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Long Weekend - Short Vacation to Tallahassee

Knowing a little more about your visit might help us with our recommendations.

What brings you to Tallahassee...business or pleasure? How long is your stay?

Do you belong to any hotel rewards programs?

What type of restaurants do you enjoy?

Any particular leisure activities you might want to participate in? (movies, theaters, etc. within walking distance at night).

We want you to enjoy your stay and are willing to help out any way we can to suggest lodging, restaurants, and sights to see. We can better recommend a location based on this information.

Remember also, fall weekends in Tallahassee hotels are booked a year in advance during football game weekends. FSU's football schedule has already been published, and you will also need to find out FAMU's schedule, too. (check out the internet).

All of these factors will have an impact on where you stay.

Keep us informed!

Georgia
Level Contributor
12 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Long Weekend - Short Vacation to Tallahassee

Thank you for your response. I had not considered FSU football season. The same thing happens in Athens, GA - no rooms around anywhere. I guess I'll have to plan the trip some other time. Thanks again to all who responded...

Tallahassee
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Long Weekend - Short Vacation to Tallahassee

Hello,

I'm John Shermetaro and I'm the General Manager of the Days Inn Northwest. A perfect place for restaraunts within walking distance and saftey would be off exit 199. There are several hotels, and a few different restaraunts all within walking distance. Hope you find this helpful.

Georgia
Level Contributor
12 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Long Weekend - Short Vacation to Tallahassee

Thank you very much John.

Tallahassee
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Long Weekend - Short Vacation to Tallahassee

Sierra suites. Right off of I-10. Beautiful accomodations, super safe area. Lovely lake, pier, and gazebo on hotel grounds. Walk to dinner, short drive to daytime attractions( might I suggest Wakulla springs, st.George island , and in town theater productions). Upscale surrounding neighborhoods behind all the beautiful oak trees. Fall is gorgeous in Tally!

Tallahassee, FL
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Long Weekend - Short Vacation to Tallahassee

GeorgiaHarpo,

I live in Tallahasse & just wanted to let you know that the Sierra Suites that "Mamarod" recommends is NOT in Tallahassee. Does not exist!

Also, the recommendation to stay at hotel off Exit 199 - well, the hotels are OK with lots of nearby restaurants but Monroe Street is multi-lanes & VERY busy, no sidewalks and I wouldn't want to walk to the restaurants.

Downtown is quiet during evenings and if you stay at Doubletree, there's a Jacob's restaurant there and nearby is Andrews 228 and Harry's Seafood. A longer walk could take you to Cypress. Pricier restaurants but you can check out their reviews to see if they suit you.

9. Re: Long Weekend - Short Vacation to Tallahassee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 26, 2010