We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch Spot (Dinner Too)

GA
Level Contributor
204 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Lunch Spot (Dinner Too)

Help in a hurry, please!!

I'm taking a friend to Tallahassee for her birthday (mid-seventies) and need a neat place to take her for lunch. I prefer a nice (but not too expensive) local place rather than a chain restaurant. I hope to go shopping for a while, so it could be near the mall, near Hwy. 319 S.(we will be coming in from GA.), or if there is a special "Ladies Lunch Place" downtown, that would be good too.

I surely appreciate your quick responses! Her birthday is in 2 days! Thanks! B.

P.S. I need to pick someone up at the Greyhound Bus Station at about 7 or 7:30 in the evening. Is this a very safe area to be at that time? Where is a good place to wait for an hour or so?

Bradley's Country Store
Gift & Specialty Shops
SouthWood Golf Club
Golf Courses, Gift & Specialty Shops
All Things Tea
Gift & Specialty Shops
Tallahassee, Florida
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch Spot (Dinner Too)

I suggest Another Broken Egg Cafe. It is located just off 319 when you first get into town, right past Chiles High School. Cute restaurant in an old house on a small lake. Their address is 3500 Kinhega Drive, Tallahassee and their phone number is 850-907-3447.

www.anotherbrokenegg.com

If you want something closer in town try Chez Pierre it is also on 319 and is a great place to eat. It is also in an old victorian home and is loacted at 1215 Thomasville Road, 850-222-0936. www.chezpierre.com

Downtown around the bus station can be dangerous. The homeless shelter is very close to there and lots of homeless people seem to hang around the bus station. The big downtown public library is very close to the bus station and would be my choice if I was going to kill some time while waiting. They have a secure gated entry parking lot with a security guard and the facility itself is new and very nice. They close at 9pm Monday thru Thursday but close at 6pm Friday thru Sunday.

www.co.leon.fl.us/library

Hope this helps!

GA
Level Contributor
204 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunch Spot (Dinner Too)

mjhmabbailey,

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!