We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greyhound Bus Station

Edinburgh, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Greyhound Bus Station

I am very concerned as my daughter and friend have been waiting for hours on a Greyhound bus from Tallahassee. Their bus has been cancelled and they are finding it difficult to obtain information. They are finding the assistant rude and unhelpful not demonstrating the customer service you would expect from an employee. I am finding the situation very stressful as I am in Scotland and am unable to do anything. Having worked in the Customer Service industry I am shocked at the fact that this organisation finds it acceptable to change plans and not inform your customers the course of action the company is taking to make it right for the customers

7 replies to this topic
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
38,131 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Greyhound Bus Station

Have them get a hotel, then find another way to get to wherever they're headed.

Greyhound is dire at best -- I wouldn't have sent two visitors from another country to travel via bus in the US, as the stations are in dire neighborhoods.

Let us know where they're going, and we have a prayer of helping you --

Tallahassee, FL
Level Contributor
321 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Greyhound Bus Station

Are they stuck at the Tallahassee Greyhound station? It's not the greatest place in broad daylight, but the sun will set in a few hours and it will get worse. Can I do anything to help?

Apalachicola...
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Greyhound Bus Station

If they are in Tallahassee they can catch Red Bus across the street (much better than other coaches) or Mega Bus- depending on where they are heading. If you can share where they are heading we can be of greater assistance. I know that this is a little late- perhaps they are on their way.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
17,484 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Greyhound Bus Station

I guess I am too late to help but I hope they found a ride with anything other than Greyhound. You really should have done your research before booking this bus. Greyhound is a terrible bus line. Not the best of people ride it and many stations are in bad areas. I would rather walk than ride it. Where were they trying to go?

Tallahassee, FL
Level Contributor
321 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Greyhound Bus Station

One post. The OP probably never saw how helpful people were trying to be, but I hope everything worked out.

"The bus, the ride of choice for the poor and the very poor alike."

My friend in WI is convinced that a Greyhound hub up there in the middle of nowhere is a "thin" place. Basically a place where different universes aren't separated by much. Does anyone that has been to a Greyhound station want to call him crazy?

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
17,484 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Greyhound Bus Station

If you read the Road Trips forums you will find people in the northern states claim that GH is great up there. I have ridden it a couple of times over the years out of necessity and did not find it a good experience. The bus station was filthy and some quiet scary people hanging about, you didnt dare use the restroom.(that station was not in Tallahassee). I could go on but lets just say I would look elsewhere for transportation.

Tallahassee, FL
Level Contributor
321 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Greyhound Bus Station

Dunno... I've been to the station in Milwaukee. It was like something out of "Metropolis."

Want to see what we're missing out on? Thirty bucks for an 8-hour drive through the Andes with a legendary safety record (for the Andes). You even get a hot meal and drinks, and a pillow and blanket. https:/…

Reply to: Greyhound Bus Station
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted