We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Closest resort area

Dearborn, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
165 reviews
Save Topic
Closest resort area

Planning on visiting some relatives, but would like to stay in a relaxing area, as my mom is 97. Somewhere more touristy.. any suggestions nearby to Tallahassee ? Doesn’t have to be on the water but would be nice to be close...

5 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
17,498 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Closest resort area

I dont think you will find any resort areas very close to Tallahassee. Closest waterfront area would be Apalachicola. About 1.5 hours drive. About 2 hours and you can be in Panama City Beach or Destin. Those areas will have resorts.

Apalachicola...
Level Contributor
3,470 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Closest resort area

Wakulla Springs may be a good fit. The lodge is very old south and the food is very good too. A lovely place. It’s about 30 minutes from Tallahassee. There are no resorts - as Born said- in the immediate area.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,534 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Closest resort area

The Lodge at Wakulla Springs might be relaxing, but is not what I would call touristy. Also the rooms do not have TV's, if this is important to you.

How does relaxing and more touristy fit together for you?

Florida
Level Contributor
550 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Closest resort area

St. James Bay is probably the closest 'resort' to Tallahassee. About an hour to the southwest.

Indian Springs...
Level Contributor
307 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Closest resort area

Agree with above. Carabelle is not as 'touristy' as Apalachicola ~ 45 min west, but there are some good restaurants and some nice scenery. Marine Street Grill has great food and Harry's Bar can be a lot of fun. The Old Carabelle Hotel is beautiful and I heard a nice place to stay, but we have not stayed there.

Reply to: Closest resort area
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted