We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Siesta Key beaches?

Which Siesta Key hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saratoga Springs NY
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Siesta Key beaches?

I am traveling to Siesta Key in mid Feb., staying at the Sea Club V on Sara Sea circle. I noticed a report that there will be beach dredging taking place from the Point o Rocks south to Turtle Beach. Has this affected the beaches from the Point o Rocks northward? Tons of equipment etc? Any details of how that will affect being on the beach?

Thanks!!!

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,497 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Siesta Key beaches?

Jake,

Here is a recent post regarding the Turtle Beach project:

You may find some useful info in this mid December article in the local weekly paper.

Enjoy.

Equipment being assembled for beach project

www.pelicanpress.org/main.asp…

Hope this helps. You can also call the folks at Sea Club V for updates. As you probably know, major activity will be south of Crescent Beach.

~SRQgirl

Saratoga Springs NY
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Siesta Key beaches?

Thanks for the reply. I read this too which got me wondering what I would find wen we got there. I will call the Sea Club to find out more. Thanks again!

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
12 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Siesta Key beaches?

I was on Crescent Beach this weekend and you can see the dredging equipment out in the far distance on the Gulf, but it does not affect the quality at all.

You should be good to go.

Saratoga Springs NY
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Siesta Key beaches?

That's what I was hoping! Thanks SO much for taking the time to repond!!!

5. Re: Siesta Key beaches?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, August 23, 2009