We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

deep sea fishing

Sioux City, Iowa
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
deep sea fishing

Looking for a place to charter a deep sea fishing trip later this month and I notice the only place I see recommended here is Flying Fish Fleet. Does anyone have any experience with Double Nickles? Or any another recommendations? Thanks!

Sioux City, Iowa
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: deep sea fishing

This is for 2 adults- both experienced at fishing, however have never been deep sea fishing.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
11,235 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: deep sea fishing

Many of the fishing guides on Siesta Key fish the Bay...I prefer fishing the bay. Less time going out to the Gulf fishing and much more fun.. JMHO

I enjoy deep sea fishing, as well. The FL Keys are my favorite place for big fish.

You can contact CBs Saltwater Outfitters and see who they recommend:

www.cbsoutfitters.com

You can hire a private charter for deep sea fishing from Flying Fish Fleet. I have fished with them for many years.

www.flyingfishfleet.com

~SRQgirl

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
313 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: deep sea fishing

brokenj, did you book anywhere? When are you going? My boyfriend and I will be down there from Dec 25 - Jan 2 and might do some deep fishing too.

Sioux City, Iowa
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: deep sea fishing

Based on the reviews, we have booked with Double Nickel. They have almost 100% positive reviews and it looks like the best bet for us. We are going on Dec 27th. If you would be interested in joining us, let me know. They will take up to 6 people, and we only have 2-3 people going so far.

Sioux City, Iowa
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: deep sea fishing

Julbugz - wondering if you or anyone wants to go along and share a charter on Saturday.

6. Re: deep sea fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 27, 2015