We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels

Which Siesta Key hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
glen head, ny
1 post
Save Topic
hotels

what is your experience with hotels in the area?

Anyone stayed in Best Western ?

How does Siesta Key compare to Lido Beach? and other areas nearSarasota?

New York & Milan...
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels

Hi

For vacation Siesta Key is better than Lido. The beaches are nicer, more abundant and there is more to do on the island.

The Best Western in the only commercial hotel on the island. Most are small resorts- which i prefer.

I stay at the Banana Bay Club on the South end of Siesta Key every year. That is a great clean, friendly place, and the rates are very reasonable with all the freebies you get too.

Well i hope this helps.

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels

I just returned from 4 days in Siesta Key and it was amazing. My parents recently purchased a condo there as an investment. The beaches on Siesta are generally amazing (rated some of the top beaches in the world). It's much more laid-back than either Lido or Longboat Keys. There is a small "downtown" area with 5-7 restaurants and bars. If you stay in a hotel or condo that is not on the beach, be sure to check how close the beach access is - sometimes it can be more than a mile or more to the beach access even if the accomodations are a very short distance from the beach (even across the street!).

The Best Western is a nice little hotel which is in the downtown area and very close to the public beach. Whatever you do, do not stay at the Banyan Resort because it is not a resort in any sense of the word. I have seen hot tubs much bigger than their pool!

If you are going for a week or more, I would suggest renting a condo. Rents are generally reasonable in the fall and late spring and summer. Even my parents' 2BR, 2BA place goes for only $750 per week in the high season (January-April). (In case you are interested in renting theirs or another - go to SiestaKeys.com, click on rentals, there's is the last one listed in White Sands Village. Ignore the pictures though because they have recently remodeled the condo so there are no wall mirrors, new couches, carpets, paint, etc.)

Hope this helps! Have fun...

Indianapolis, IN
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels

I stayed at a great house. The Banyan Tree Beach Rentals have a 3 story house right on the beach. I stayed at 564 Beach Road, Dream View. I know someone else said no to Banyan Resort...which isn't where I stayed, maybe that was the main onsite place? Anyhow, it was $125 a night, but wow...right one the beach..very private even though each floor is a rental...it was private and an amazing deck overlooking the beach!! Close the the village which has some resturants, and a huge bathroom with a whirlpool tub and steam shower. Big screen tv and just very clean and everything you need! There website is http://www.siestakeybanyanresort.com

I didn't go to the main office which I know they have room there too, I bet that's what the person was talking about in the other reply. But I will say if you stay at their off site houses, they are wonderful!!

Level Contributor
209 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels

Been looking and looking for a trip in Feb. looking at siesta key, sarasota st petersburg, maderia beach and venice. L ooking for walking distance to shopping bars and resturants. but dont know these areas so i get confused. Any suggestions on which area to go for for more fun and shopping. also which hotel or condo do u recommend? thanks for any help you can give. Also can e-mail me at ellensue@hotmail.com

chicago
Level Contributor
193 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels

Siesta Key is prettier than Venice Beach. Venice Beach is an hours drive from Siesta Key. We checked it out one day and had lunch in the town. The Siesta Key Beach is spectacular. Madeira Beach is nice, very commercialized...tons of little shops, restaurants... I would go to Siesta Key over all others, but try to find a nice condo very close to the village. The village is fun...

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,182 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotels

Be sure to check out www.tropicalbreezeinn.com

It has received some pretty good reviews and the website gives you a lot of detail.

Siesta Key has gorgeous white sand. Lido cannot compare.

chicago
Level Contributor
193 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotels

I have to disagree with the previous post re: Tropical Breeze. My husband and I did NOT have a very good experience there. It is old and needs an update. I am looking for another place to stay in Siesta key. I will not stay at tropical breeze again. Not worth it. Bad pools,old units etc. Need to be cleaned better. I do not recommend tropical breeze in siesta key...

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,182 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotels

The original poster seemed to be looking for a hotel and the tropical breeze received an award last year from a very prestigious travel magazine. Just goes to show that personal feedback from someone who has "been there" may give a more accurate picture of how things really are.

From first hand experience I can say with confidence that, if the writer decides to stay in a condo rather than a hotel, we have enjoyed Siesta Dunes (ask for gulf view, not garden) and also Midnight Cove (again...be sure you know if you are gulf side or bay side and if you are in the low rise units or in the high rise). Personally, I don't mind being on the bay side on Siesta Key. It is great fun to watch the various watercraft coming and going, fishing from the dock, occasionally spotting dolphin and other marine life. A matter of personal preference. Understandably, many families want to be right on the Gulf with easy access to the beautiful, white sand beach for the children. It can be difficult to cross Midnight Pass Road to get from the bayside to the Gulf as it is very, very busy.

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
869 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hotels

I've been to Tropical Breeze as well. Recently. I believe the confusion comes from the word "resort". The property is a menagerie of houses and condos in Siesta Village that have been bought up over the years and kept as low rise visitor accomodations. It wasn't, as many of today's "resorts" are, designed as a ridiculous luxury "escape" from the world. But it does make you feel like you are living in a little oceanside village...Shops and restaurants are walking, no, crawling distance.

I found the pools to be perfectly fine...and the accomodations perfect for a CASUAL beach vacation...It's not the Ritz...but they aren't charging $600 a night.

Sarasota, FL
Level Contributor
190 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hotels

As a local who knows, I give a resounding AMEN to Travelinprankster!! If you want The Ritz, we have one and it's great. If you want a great beach getaway, the above mentioned condos AND "resort" are great.