We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help w/site for beach wedding--please????

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
help w/site for beach wedding--please????

Need help w/ a little different issue than a vacation stay---

My daughter who lives in TX has become engaged to a young man who currently lives in Venice, FL but who has family in Mississippi and close friends in several southern states--they want to have a sunset wedding on the beach on the FL coast in the area around Tampa--maybe as far south as Osprey/Venice--but not as far north as Seaside--

They want to have the wedding in June or July because my daughter teaches and will be in school until the end of May---hurricane season is a scary thought so Aug does not seem a good idea---and they don't want to wait until November or Christmas of next year.

That seems like a long time if you are planning a vacation--but not a wedding that will be on another coast...we have traveled/vacationed in the area but have no friends/relatives who live there except the fiance who is new to the area...

I have scanned the boards for information on hotel/resorts in that area as well as some Internet searching--some places have wedding links and promote having a wedding there and I will be calling for some preliminary information from them now--but I would greatly appreciate any information first-hand from people who have used facilities in this area for weddings--price/hotel helpfulness/positives and negatives, including other vendors like florists that might have been used.

Appreciate any first hand or second hand personal experience--weddings you planned, attended, saw--hotels where you attended conferences

Thanks--most of the info I have found on TRIPADVISOR has been extremely helpful and accurate, so I am looking forward to responses...

Sarasota, Florida...
Level Contributor
838 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help w/site for beach wedding--please????

I live in Sarasota, Florida, and would be happy to ask around for you. You should be aware that the weather after May 15 and before November 1 is extremely hot and unpredictable. You could easily get rained out.

Do you want a wedding on the beach itself? Or at a waterfront estate. Sarasota is full of historic mansions on the water that are rented out for weddings. One of my favorites is the Crosley Estate, built in the 1920s. It's on Sarasota Bay, not the gulf per se. The University of South Florida at Sarasota rents out its mansion as well. It's about 1 mile from the Crosley. For a newer place, you might consider Cafe on the Bay on Long Boat Key. Again, it's on the bay, not on the beach.

I haven't actually been to a beach wedding, but I hear the Holiday Inn on Long Boat Key does a very nice job. There's also a Hilton on Long Boat Key. At any rate, if you want some help, you can email me at : GourmetGirl2@hotmail.com.