We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sarasota Surf and Racquet Club or Midnight Cove (gulfside)

Ohio
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sarasota Surf and Racquet Club or Midnight Cove (gulfside)

Hi I need help, anyone have any advice on either condo complex? There are 6 of us looking for a vacation rental. I have narrowed it down to these two places. I would appreciate any help.They are both ground floor condos.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
11,054 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sarasota Surf and Racquet Club or Midnight Cove (gulfside)

Both are nice..have you looked at photos of the units to see the location within the complex and if the units are upgraded?

Midnight Cove is located in walking distance to Crescent Plaza where there are some shops/dining/liquor store etc..if that matters.

~SRQgirl

Ohio
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sarasota Surf and Racquet Club or Midnight Cove (gulfside)

Both are nice and upgraded. One is a little bigger then the other. The six of us are in age from 20-52. Not sure if one will be more over run with little kids. Nothing against kids but looking for relaxing beach time and having fun. The last condo we rented had so many children. I think most of the condos held 6 and most families there squeezed 10 in a condo. Way to busy for me. That was in Indian Shores. Over 4th of July. Plus some babies did not have little swimmers on in the pool.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,054 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sarasota Surf and Racquet Club or Midnight Cove (gulfside)

When are you planning to visit?

Ohio
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sarasota Surf and Racquet Club or Midnight Cove (gulfside)

We are not going till next summer. I am trying to book this far in advance because I need a 3 bedroom condo on the beach. Which there are not a lot of them. Some I have looked at are already booked for next July. Going for a 50th birthday.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,054 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sarasota Surf and Racquet Club or Midnight Cove (gulfside)

There will be fewer families vs. Spring Break..but if you're coming on 4th of July it will be crowded and there will be kids.

~SRQgirl

PA
Level Contributor
138 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sarasota Surf and Racquet Club or Midnight Cove (gulfside)

Do some searching on vrbo.com. I have also noticed that a lot of accommodations are booked for 2014. In the past few years this usually doesn't happen until after Christmas. My family and I have stayed in a 2/3 bedroom units at Midnight Cove, Siesta Dunes, and Crystal Sands. You can also go to their websites to view units.

Mentioned in this post
Crystal Sands
Crystal Sands
40 Reviews
Siesta Key, FL
Sarasota, Florida
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sarasota Surf and Racquet Club or Midnight Cove (gulfside)

My family has always stayed at Sarasota Surf and Racquet. I would definitely recommend it. We have never had any problems and the pool being right next to the beach is awesome and makes it easy when the whole group doesnt agree on where to go :)

Canada
Level Contributor
9,452 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sarasota Surf and Racquet Club or Midnight Cove (gulfside)

Sarasota Surf and Racquet Club is Extremely popular wih young Families.

Every time we walk by, we are amazed by the number of young children there vs many of the other adjacent properties. It might be the gulf front pool......I'm not sure.

If your aim is to have a more "grown up" atmosphere.....you may want to look elsewhere.

9. Re: Sarasota Surf and Racquet Club or Midnight Cove (gulfside)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 19, 2014