We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

leaving stuff on the beach

VA
Level Contributor
220 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
leaving stuff on the beach

Experts, please do not be offended by this question. I live in a mid-Atlantic beach community and I would never leave my beach chairs, umbrella, toys etc. on my beach and go to lunch. We are coming soon for a 2 week vacation to Siesta Key and I was wondering if that is safer to do so there due to its smaller size and different demographics of visitors. We are renting a home just off the beach near the village. Thanks in advance for the honest responses.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,127 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: leaving stuff on the beach

And actually, don't think it is allowed by the county to leave things out overnight- esp in turtle nesting season.

Naperville
Level Contributor
428 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: leaving stuff on the beach

Yeah, I think that might be so because I tried that the first night. I left both of my canopies up on the beach overnight and when I looked in the morning I thought someone had taken them. So when I went to the beach to see what was left, I was surprised! Someone had carefully taken down both canopies and laid them down flat on the beach in the same spot. I got the hint and took down the canopies each evening after that.

13. Re: leaving stuff on the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 10, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Siesta Key
Recent Conversations