We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downpours?

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
276 posts
126 reviews
Save Topic
Downpours?

Arriving in Siesta Key next Wednesday evening and just checked accuweather.com....They are predicting thunderstorms, that I was expecting, but they are predicting downpours for Saturday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.....does that mean it is going to be raining everyday because if it is that is what we Irish people want to get away from!!!!!! I hope not.

Mentioned in this post
Burton, Ohio
Level Contributor
155 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Downpours?

We just got back from a week in Siesta Key & I checked weatherchannel.com & it showed 40 % chance of rain & possibility of thunderstorms a few days & we didn't have a drop of rain !Even if it shows a chance of rain, it usually only rains in the afternoon for a short time & cools things off & clears up & you're good to go again.We always say, if we have a rainy day on vacation, we'll go shopping, or to a movie, or lunch & a few drinks. It's all good & you'll have a great time !

Mentioned in this post
Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
276 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Downpours?

Thank You Maplegirl56.......we are after such a cold a wet year here in Ireland that I can't wait to see some sun. I knew about the thunderstorms and probably would appreciate them :-) And as you say there are other things to do if it rains. We have a house with a pool and it is just the 2 of us and as we have had a tough year we were going to spend the first few days by the pool relaxing and then explore. We are there for 17 nights so I am so happy The part where you went out to lunch and had a few drinks, now that is what I would call a good thing to enjoy while on vacation. . Glad you enjoyed and if you have any good tips as to what you loved about Siesta Key I would love to hear them. Thanks again.

Nora

Mentioned in this post
Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
190 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Downpours?

It is the rainy season starting June 1st and every year of the 8 we have lived here, the weather follows the same pattern. Generally sunny in the morning, increasing clouds in the afternoon, with or without rain. You may get lucky and see a few spectacular thunderstorms in your 17 days here(definitely stay indoors though, the lighting can be ferocious). Sun is also very strong so use plenty of sunscreen.

Enjoy your stay. You'll love it. I understand Irish weather...father-in-law is in Mayo, we're from England. Give me the sun any day.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
276 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Downpours?

Thanks for the update AndyinMainland. Looking forward to the heat and I will pack plenty of sunscream.

5. Re: Downpours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 02, 2014