We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TPA to Siesta Key

nj
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
TPA to Siesta Key

Can someone please give me information on the toll roads. I have not been to SK in years and I am coming down in May. I have been reading mixed answers about the new toll procedure. What direction of travel should I take that will allow me to pay cash to a toll taker for the tolls rather than rent a sunpass at 8.00 per day from the rental company. From what I remember the only 1.00 toll was at the end of the bridge? Please advise it is appreciated!!

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TPA to Siesta Key

Only toll is Skyway bridge..now $1.25 and yes you can still pay cash.

nj
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: TPA to Siesta Key

thank you for answering....was going to try and buy a sunpass. Thanks again!

Canada
Level Contributor
9,351 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TPA to Siesta Key

After exiting the TPA property...

Head for I 275 South.....across the causeways...thru St. Petersburg......across the Sunshine Skyway

Be diligent to stay on I275 South thru St Pete's....as there are a couple of exits in there for I375 & I 175....that can cause confusion.

Once over the Skyway...you will connect with I 75 South....until you hit the exits for Sarasota. The Bee Ridge and Clarke Rd ones will take you into Siesta Key.

As mentioned, the $1.25 toll is collected going in either direction. The lanes are clearly marked to pay cash/need change/ Sunpass

4. Re: TPA to Siesta Key

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, April 14, 2014