We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resorts or condo's with pool ON THE BEACH...where are they?

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Resorts or condo's with pool ON THE BEACH...where are they?

Help! Traveling family of 5: Mom, Dad, 15 yr. old twin girls, 9 yr. old girl. We want to stay ON the beach with a pool, tiki bar type atmosphere that overlooks the beach. So that Mom can hang at pool while keeping an eye on the older girls on the beach. I like the idea of Clearwater's Pier being close. I really wanted to stay at either: Clearwater Beach, Siesta Key Beach or possibly Treasure Island. Looking for 4-5 nights after spending 6 nights in Orlando area doing all the Parks. First trip to Florida for the girls & FIRST TIME FOR BEACH & OCEAN!!! Looking for Beach time, Pool time, night time family entertainment. Budget: well let's just say the luxury resorts are out!! Would like to stay around $1,000 for the 5 nights...or less. I like small resorts & rentals, but want activity for the teens!! Going for the tropical/beachy trips I took as a kid!!!

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,649 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resorts or condo's with pool ON THE BEACH...where are they?

There aren't any full service resorts with tiki bars on Siesta Key. No full service resorts at all. There are Condos, timeshares, motels etc.

If you're looking for a Clearwater type place, then Siesta Key might not be right for you.

The Hyatt Siesta Key Beach Club is the top end of Siesta Key. Very nice place to stay with a few shops/dining spots close by. You can read reviews under the Hotel heading. It is in the Crescent Plaza area, not Siesta Village. Crescent Beach is the area with condos on the beach.

On Lido Key, you should look at the Lido Beach Resort..2 pools, bar, restaurant etc. and St. Armands Circle to walk around shop/dine. The Resort has a free trolley to that area.

www.sarasotafl.org

www.siestakeychamber.com

~SRQgirl

Edited: 1:21 pm, March 30, 2013
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resorts or condo's with pool ON THE BEACH...where are they?

Thank you!!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
182 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Resorts or condo's with pool ON THE BEACH...where are they?

When is your travel date?

Crystal Sands has a beach side pull but will not rent for less than 7 days and will soon be 14 days due to popularity. However Siesta breakers has a nice pool though not on the beach and they may rent for less than seven days. Across the street is the Sniki Tiki bar, but no water view. Still fun. The island in general is a great tropical feel. Mom and pop shops and bars, most beautiful beach and entertainment almost everywhere.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resorts or condo's with pool ON THE BEACH...where are they?

We are going May 22 to Orlando area for 6 days & then coming to the Gulf side for 5 days. We have booked a nice Beach bungalow on Anna Maria Island, directly on Holmes Beach. Clearwater was not what I was looking for this time. Siesta Key is still on my list for next time! The "resorts" on the beach were priced too high for the space that you get (family of 5). We are very happy we got something directly on the beach, but had to sacrifice the pool & tiki bar :) We'll live!!! lol

5. Re: Resorts or condo's with pool ON THE BEACH...where are they?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 27, 2014