We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach condition in front of Sandbox on the Beach condo

Which Siesta Key hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Naperville
Level Contributor
384 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Beach condition in front of Sandbox on the Beach condo

Hi,

Can someone tell me what the beach is like at the Sandbox on the Beach condo (108 Beach Rd)? I'm almost ready to reserve this condo but as a last check, I used google maps and yahoo maps to see the picture of the beach there.

I'm shocked at what I see in the yahoo map. There is almost no beach there! the waves are coming right up to the house in fact. Is this the current state of the beach? Has it been like this for a long time? This would be a deal breaker for sure and a misrepresentation by the condo owners.

Thank you.

BV2

Emmaus, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Beach condition in front of Sandbox on the Beach condo

heraldtribune.com/article/…

The picture in the article is very accurate.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,277 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Beach condition in front of Sandbox on the Beach condo

But you stayed on Longboat Key, right? Did you check in front of Sandbox on the beach?

Emmaus, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Beach condition in front of Sandbox on the Beach condo

It's ALL OVER the beaches, everywhere. There was no place that was without it. Doesn't matter where you stay. Just trying to give you an honest account. Do as you see fit. ;-)

Emmaus, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Beach condition in front of Sandbox on the Beach condo

and yes, we were right where you are saying on beach road, and the beach was severely eroded the day we were there. We did not stay there or take pictures, just spent a whole day checking out different spots along the whole area, to see or find a better spot.....but we learned that the grass was not greener on the other side of the road......

Edited: 11:44 am, August 22, 2012
Naperville
Level Contributor
384 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Beach condition in front of Sandbox on the Beach condo

First of all thank you guys for your input.

I am planning for next summer, so I am not concerned about the seaweed.

I'd like to know if there is a beach in front of Sandbox on the beach condo.

Yahoo maps shows practically no beach, whereas Google maps shows a nice beach. Which one shows what's there today?

That is my question.

Thanks

cincinnati, oh
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Beach condition in front of Sandbox on the Beach condo

I was there last October and will be there again this October so I can not tell you if there was that much erosion. I'll be happy to give you a full report when we arrive if you can wait that long!

Naperville
Level Contributor
384 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Beach condition in front of Sandbox on the Beach condo

Ok, based on feedback here and further investigations of other images including those on MLS for the next door condo unit, I looks like there is still a usable beach there.

Beachguy14, I'll PM you in Oct to find out what you saw there.

Thanks everyone!

Emmaus, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Beach condition in front of Sandbox on the Beach condo

Good luck! What you see now can change drastically between now and next summer, because Mother Nature ultimately has control of everything. Either way, it's a great area to be on vacation in. Have FUN!!! ;-)

Naperville
Level Contributor
384 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Beach condition in front of Sandbox on the Beach condo

We went to PCB in June during the oil disaster and had one of the better beach vacations, so perhaps will get lucky again!

cincinnati, oh
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Beach condition in front of Sandbox on the Beach condo

I would say the Google map is pretty accurate as to the size of the beach in that area from the last time I was there.