We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

casual party for 60 guests on Siesta Key or close by

Breckenridge...
Level Contributor
94 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
casual party for 60 guests on Siesta Key or close by

We are getting married on Siesta Key in May. We'd like to do a very casual party the night before the wedding for all of our wedding guests. We are not planning on doing a fancy, traditional rehearsal dinner.

We are getting married at Siesta Dunes so we don't want to do it there and they won't really let us anyway.

Our top idea was to have a cookout with games and a keg at the Siesta Beach picnic shelter, but unfortunately we didn't act quickly enough and it's already booked for our date.

My future MIL found "Le Barge", but it's $2800 to rent the whole thing, which is above our budget (especially since that does not include any food or drink), and I am not sure we want to be sharing it with people other than our own guests. In general we like the idea of a sunset cruise though.

We also like the idea of a casual cocktail party with appetizers only...we are really open to ideas as long as they are casual and fit our budget. Just a venue idea on water somewhere would be great too...I got a quote from a caterer that I am happy with, we just haven't found a location we like (we'd prefer to stay on Siesta Key or closeby in Sarasota).

Siesta Key, Florida
Destination Expert
for Siesta Key
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: casual party for 60 guests on Siesta Key or close by

I have a wedding party coming in that are using Clayton's Siesta Grill and they are thrilled with what he has come up with and still stayed within their budget. Not on the water but a very nice location with outdoor patio deck, nice bar. He is flexible and will work with whatever budget you have.

Breckenridge...
Level Contributor
94 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: casual party for 60 guests on Siesta Key or close by

That sounds great, I have emailed him. Do you happen to know roughly what their budget is?

3. Re: casual party for 60 guests on Siesta Key or close by

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, August 22, 2013