We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island Circle in Siesta Key - good rental area?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
87 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Island Circle in Siesta Key - good rental area?

Hi,

We're planning a holiday to Siesta Key next July and are considering a couple of homes in Island Circle. Is this a good spot for getting to the beach and to the village with 10 and 13 yr old kids?

Also, one of the homes we are looking at is 215 Island Circle. Anybody ever rented this or know of anyone? There are no reviews to it so I'm trying to get as much info as possible.

Thanks

Colm

Hamburg, New York
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Island Circle in Siesta Key - good rental area?

We never saw him...the rental property was fine....he just will not send deposit back...says he is having financial problems....yet he is rented every week through next may

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
13 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Island Circle in Siesta Key - good rental area?

We were conned in April 2013 by Bill Turner, the holiday was ok, 202 Island Circle, but we did not get our $400 back, seems to be a recurring theme with him, see other articles on Siesta Key about Bill Turner.

northwest
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Island Circle in Siesta Key - good rental area?

wow I guess we got lucky because we got ours right back

Virginia Beach...
6 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Island Circle in Siesta Key - good rental area?

Has anyone taken any actions to try and get their money back ?

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
13 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Island Circle in Siesta Key - good rental area?

I live in the UK, my son lives in Brooklyn and they have tried calls ( different mobiles) plus emails and emails to the rental site but nothing back. At least we got our holiday, I feel sorry for all the people that have booked from now till next April and paid a deposit, some of them may even turn up and find they have know where to stay! Any advice on how to get this chap to pay up greatly appreciated, I don't like being scammed.

Tannersville, New...
1 post
Save Reply
16. Re: Island Circle in Siesta Key - good rental area?

We got scammed at 202 also. Pool had to be fixed and we didn't enjoy it's use for three of our five days. He came out to "fix" the hot tub it never operated properly. Of course he agreed we would receive money back for the disservice in addition to our deposit. Never saw anything and he ignores attempts at contact.

Otherwise, the area of siesta key was completely wonderful and we will return. Just not with a private rental such as this one. Way to hurt business for your fellow real estate renters, Bill. I hope they go after you to restore their own trustworthiness and integrity.

17. Re: Island Circle in Siesta Key - good rental area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 19, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Siesta Key
Recent Conversations