We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lamb and Ice cream

Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
275 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Lamb and Ice cream

What restaurant serves the best lamb dish in the area?

We will be in town this weekend for our wedding anniversary/ husband's birthday and he loves lamb and I thought perhaps we could work his favorite dish into our trip.

And for me I would love to indulge in my favorite ice cream- butter pecan, any really good suggestions?

Thanks in advance!!

Boston...
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lamb and Ice cream

Try the el Greco on Main Street. You can find their menu online.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,649 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lamb and Ice cream

If you want nice atmosphere and service try Miguel's on Siesta Key for lamb dishes...Crescent Plaza

There are many places in town..price range?

Go to Big Olaf's for ice cream.. Ocean Blvd. SK

~SRQgirl

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,649 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lamb and Ice cream

Miguel's menu:

http://www.miguelsrestaurant.net/faqaboutus/

~SRQgirl

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lamb and Ice cream

Oh, I wish they posted prices!

Kris

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,579 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lamb and Ice cream

I had to click this to make sure you weren't eating them together lol.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,649 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lamb and Ice cream

Some places do post prices on their websites..but prices change, especially for seafood etc...some places will say "market price" for example.

Do you have a price range in mind?

You can always have a big lunch and eat appetizers/small plates for dinner..with a cocktail or 2.

Miguels has an early menu which is less expensive.

In the off season many places have deals, too.

In the Sarsota Herald ther eis a "Food" section on Wednesdays and a "Ticket" section on Thursday. Also look in the "tourist" books that are in Siesta Village..

Before dinner you can walk around and look at menus...some are posted outside or you can walk in and ask to see one.

Check out the Blase Cafe in the Village. Fun bar area...good food.

www.heraldtribune.com

www.dinesarasota.com

www.freshorginals.com

~SRQgirl

Edited: 5:26 pm, August 01, 2012
Siesta Key, Florida
Destination Expert
for Siesta Key
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Lamb and Ice cream

Clayton's Siesta Grill on Old Stickney Point Rd. down the street from Capt. Curts, also has a app. that is baby lamb rack mediterraen style, we have had it a couple of times. It's small, I think only 4 little bite size ribs but excellant flavor.

For outstanding ice cream without the Big Olaf wait, in the Capt. Curts shopping plaza is the Orange Octopus - wonderful homemade ice cream and pastries.

Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
275 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lamb and Ice cream

Thanks for your replies!

Since our little ones crashed our "romantical" anniversary trip we just went with Bonefish which is a sure bet favorite for us.

I found Big Olaf and was astonished to see they closed at 4 pm. And that was when I realized we had not ventured out to Siesta Village yet.

The weather is beautiful and we are not looking forward to leaving "our beach" as my 3 yr old calls it comparing it to Daytona, Casperson, Point of Rocks, and the other beaches in the area. He keeps saying, mom the sand is so soft!!! Then he rolls in it and calls himself the sandman. :)

We are staying at the Palm Bay Club and I am unsure where exactly Crescent Beach is in regards to where I am located or if the beach area is different than "our beach" here.

2 questions:

Where do we gather to see the drum circle at sunset?

Where is a place to get good carry-out fried rice?

Thanks so much!

Burton, Ohio
Level Contributor
155 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lamb and Ice cream

The drum circle gathers at the public beach, about an hour before sunset.It's fun to see everyone(young & old) having a great time together.Crescent beach is just to the south of the public beach & stretches all the way to Turtle beach.I can't answer the question about the rice, but I'm sure someone else can.Have fun !

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,649 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lamb and Ice cream

I really can't recommend any great Chinese restaurants in this area.

Jo-To Japanese is good..open for dinner only.might have take out.. Asia might have something close to fried rice too..dinner only. both in the Village.

You are on Crescent Beach at Palm Bay. The sand is the same at Siesta Key Public Beach..

~SRQgirl