We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to decide on which Condo

Brooklyn Park, MN
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Trying to decide on which Condo

We are trying to finalize our Condo selection for spring break. We had decided on Crystal Sands, but they require a 2 week minimum. Our choices are down to El Presidente, Siesta Dunes, Midnight Cove, Crescent or Siesta Breakers. We would like a 2 bedroom on the gulf side with the pool located on or close to the beach. Any recommendations or advice would be appreciated!

Mentioned in this post
Crystal Sands
Crystal Sands
40 Reviews
Siesta Key, FL
morris, ct
Level Contributor
219 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trying to decide on which Condo

My family and I stayed @Midnight Cove - gulfside - in February 2012. We had a 2 BR condo that had a great view of the gulf and overlooked the pool. We liked the complex... it was clean, safe, and we could walk to shops, etc. I have no familiarity with other complexes. Our condo was privately owned... and the owner was great in sending pictures, updating us, etc. We had an issue with a faucet during our stay and it was quickly repaired by the owner's son. I think you need to see pictures specific to your unit, no matter which condo you select. I will tell you we slept with the sliders open at night in order to hear the surf. That made our trip!

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
11,066 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trying to decide on which Condo

Some owners at Crystal Sands will rent for 1 week:

www.vrbo.com

www.vacationrentals.com

Crescent Siesta Key is a relativley new condo...

Sarasota Surf and Racquet has a pool close to the beach.

It depends on where the unit is located in each building, whether it has nice upgrades/decor, view and price.

There are many gulfside 2/2 condos on Siesta..

~SRQgirl

Mentioned in this post
Crystal Sands
Crystal Sands
40 Reviews
Siesta Key, FL
Crescent Beach
Crescent Beach
854 Reviews
Siesta Key, FL
Sarasota
Sarasota
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trying to decide on which Condo

Can you give out the owners website for the midnight cove condo? How close to village is it?thanks

morris, ct
Level Contributor
219 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trying to decide on which Condo

We got ours thru VRBO or homeaway... I can't remember which bc it was listed on both websites. The "official" site is www.midnightcove.com... which is a good reference site to see floor plans, orientations, etc. MC is close to the Stickney Pt Bridge and Capt. Curt's... not really walkable for us... we drove to the village... but we did see people taking the bus and I know there is the free ride thingy. If you are fit, it may be walkable and/or bike-able.

5. Re: Trying to decide on which Condo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, December 17, 2013