We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

siesta breakers? dunes? midnight cove?

lakewood,new york
11 posts
Save Topic
siesta breakers? dunes? midnight cove?

I'm planning a trip to Siesta this summer, but can't decide where to stay. I narrowed my search to the places listed, but also looked into Crescent Arms & Crystal Sands(not sure about a high-rise, though). Haven't seen any comments re: Siesta Breakers. Noticed Siesta Dunes has a salt H20 pool, which I don't think my kids (3 teens) would enjoy. Clean, attractive accommodations a must, as well as a nice pool. Is it much of a hassle to cross Midnight Pass to get to the beach at Mid. Cove, or would you recommend spending the extra $ for gulf side? Also, any comments re: Peppertree or Jamaica Royale? I like low-key, family oriented places.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: siesta breakers? dunes? midnight cove?

I absolutely love Siesta Dunes, but must admit that three teens might not find the pool there to their liking. It's round, large, great for younger children, but not for vigorous swimming.

Crossing Midnight Pass road with teens should not be as much challenge as crossing with smaller children. We actually loved staying Bayside at Midnight Cove I...(not II). MCI has beautiful tennis courts, great pool, basketball hoop, kids can fish in the bay, grills available. Plus, you receive wristbands that allow you to use the pool and other amenities over on the Gulf Side as well. I am not sure that Midnight Cove II affords you those privileges...I thought not, but perhaps someone else can clarify.

Crystal Sands condos are good size and they have a nice beachfront pool. All units have a lanai and beach view...BUT, there are also villas there that are NOT gulf front so be sure about what kind of accommodation you are getting. Crescent Arms is right next to Crystal Sands. I have seen some gorgeous units in that building. Lower floors in either CS or CA give more of an "at the beach" feeling (in my opinion)

All the units you mention are in the same general area of Crescent Beach...great spot! Jamaica Royale is on that stretch also. Haven't stayed there, but there have seen some very positive comments posted about JR in the past by others. Have a great vacation!