We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for nice updated accomodations on beach near village

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for nice updated accomodations on beach near village

We are 2 families traveling to Siesta Key for the first time and need help finding accomodations. We are staying for 1 week at the end of September. My familiy consists of 2 adults and 1 toddler. The other family consists of 3 adults and 2 toddlers. We are open to staying in either a 4 bedroom house close to or on the beach within short walking distance to the village or renting 2 condos on the beach and close to the village. If a condo is the better option, we would need a 1 bdrm condo and a 3 bdrm condo in the same building. With 3 toddlers we do not want to have to drive everywhere and would prefer to be on the beach and within a very short walking distance to the village.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,674 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for nice updated accomodations on beach near village

I would look at Sandbox on the Beach. (located on Beach Rd.)

The condos are literally on the beach...3 blocks to Siesta Village.

Not a high rise, just 2 stories.

http://www.sandboxonthebeach.com/

~SRQgirl

Edited: 4:13 pm, May 09, 2012
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for nice updated accomodations on beach near village

Thank you for your prompt reply SRQgirl. The Sandbox looks very nice. There is a property next door that looks like a condo building. Out of curiosity, do you know what that propery is and whether units are available for rent?

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,674 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for nice updated accomodations on beach near village

It's called Siesta Sands on the Beach...yes, rentals...

Make sure to look at the one on Beach Rd. There is a condo called Siesta Sands that is located further south and it can get confusing.

~SRQgirl

Siesta Key, Florida
Destination Expert
for Siesta Key
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for nice updated accomodations on beach near village

This is a very nice rental in the same area on Beach Rd. behind Siesta Village, 3 bed. 3 bath, completely remodeled and updated.

stayonsiesta.com/index.php/…

Maryland
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for nice updated accomodations on beach near village

We just returned from our first trip to Siesta Key and stayed at Tropical Breeze. You can't beat the location! Close to the beach and the village. They have several types of units. 1, 2, 3 bedrooms. Check out their website

http://www.tropicalbreezeinn.com/ If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. I also have several pictures of our unit that I can send you

6. Re: Looking for nice updated accomodations on beach near village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 23, 2013