We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning at the last minute!

Indiana
1 post
Save Topic
Planning at the last minute!

My husband and I, and two 14 year old daughters would like to visit Siesta Key from 3/25/06 to 3/31 or 4/1/06 and are not having any luck on reasonably priced accommodations. Any suggestions???

Thanks!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,191 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning at the last minute!

The Bayside units at Midnight Cove are a nice option. Check out vrbo.com and vacationrentals.com for direct rentals from private owners. Although most will be booked by now, there is always a chance you will be able to find something. Private owners are often willing to rent for a one week period although the resort states two weeks only in high season. Great pool and tennis courts...walk across the street to lovely Crescent Beach and another Gulf Side pool. We really like Midnight Cove! Good Luck!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,191 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning at the last minute!

Just in case you are interested...on vrbo.com, listing #73349 at Midnight Cove II seems to be available the week you are coming to Siesta.

Indianapolis, IN
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning at the last minute!

I had to chuckle when I saw that you are from Indiana! I believe 50% of the state heads to Siesta the last week of March and the first week of April! We are included in that group!

You wouldn't happen to live on the northside of Indy too, would you?

We went to Siesta last year for the first time and really loved it. I, too, was late getting accommodations. We ended up staying at the south end of Crescent Beach in a little residential area called Point of Rocks. It was fine, but this year we are staying at Midnight Cove gulfside. We were able to scope out the properties that we found appealing last year and get reservations for them this year.

I agree with the other reply that you should check VRBO.com, but I had luck last minute with siesta4rent.com last year. You may have to call them to see if anything has come up as a cancellation last minute. We know people who just got a place at Horizons West this week.

Good luck and have fun!