We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which one...Banyan Tree or Sea Club V (Siesta Key)?

Which Siesta Key hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Zionsville, Indiana
1 post
Save Topic
Which one...Banyan Tree or Sea Club V (Siesta Key)?

Trying to determine which rental would be better for my family (kids 9 & 6) for a trip next March. Banyan Tree Aruba unit (2 BR house w/private pool) or townhouse @ Sea Club V? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,383 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which one...Banyan Tree or Sea Club V (Siesta Key)?

Sea Club V is located much closer to the beach. (The Crescent Beach area is very family friendly) Calle Menorca (Banyan Tree) would be quite a walk to the beach with 2 children ages 9 and 6. JMHO

You can "google" both addresses and see the locations.

~SRQgirl

Wake Forest, North...
Level Contributor
1 post
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which one...Banyan Tree or Sea Club V (Siesta Key)?

We have never been to Banyan Tree, but CANNOT recommend Sea Club V. Although it is a lovely location, right on the beach, and the beach attendants were very helpful, our overall experience has been just awful. The other rooms were booked with large and very loud families. There was loud music, shouting, and inappropriate behaviour every day. When we returned home we were charged an extra $100 "cleaning fee." When I disputed this, I was accused of leaving our room "filthy" and "disgusting". I am certain that the cleaning staff had our room confused with another. We specifically followed all of their stated guidelines for the condition in which to leave the room. We removed all the trash, washed all the dishes, returned all the towels, and took the sheets off the beds. She accused me of leaving trash everywhere and dirty dishes throughout the place. I feel like they just wanted to get an extra $100 out of us, but they have ended up losing our business forever.

3. Re: Which one...Banyan Tree or Sea Club V (Siesta Key)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 03, 2013