We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandpiper Beach Club

Which Siesta Key hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minnesota
Level Contributor
148 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Sandpiper Beach Club

HI,

I have the opportunity to book a 2 bed 2 bath unit at the Sandpiper for June through a timeshare trade. Is anyone familiar with this resort? Is the location, rooms, pool, beach etc nice?

Thanks for any help!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Sandpiper Beach Club

Would also recommend the Waterfront restaurant down Tamiami, and of course Shark's in Venice. Glad you enjoyed the Sandpiper - too bad about the weather. Still, it's a nice place.

Janesville...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Sandpiper Beach Club

We stay at SandPiper each February.

Some of the amenities are slightly dated (like the game room & the fitness center), but other than that it's awesome.

As the folks above have said... Large living area, very large screened in porch area which feels like it doubles the condo's size, 2 bathrooms (the master has a hot tub), large kitchen with eat in and dining area, good lighting in all of the rooms...

Residents are generally in the 35-80 age range. Some have younger families come join them for the week.

They have a Tuesday meet and greet complimentary continental breakfast by the pool each week- donuts, coffee and juice.

A very responsive maintenance staff, too.

Beautiful long boardwalk out to the white sand beaches with complimentary wind huts, chairs and umbrellas. a hot tub and pool area for residents, a grilling area, plenty of good parking, a nice elevator, and amazing views if you get an oceanfront. Basketball court, tennis and a top floor sun deck if you want the sun without the sand (which would be a mystery to me, but hey-ha).

Definitely a great place.

Last year we even survived without a car because we just relied on the free ride services of the electric cars in the area. Jonny's Free Rides. Takes you anywhere on the 8 mile key. Kept their number in our phones.

It IS on the quieter section of the beach. You won't find a lot of younger people or partiers in this area, which was fine by us.

It's a short walk from some pretty great shelling and snorkeling, too!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
91 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Sandpiper Beach Club

where is this located, I may rent a place there too, is it south of crescent arms do you know?

Boston...
1 post
Save Reply
14. Re: Sandpiper Beach Club

What unit numbers are gulf front properties? Is your unit gulf front?

Thanks

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,427 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Sandpiper Beach Club

Sandpiper Beach Club is south of Crescent Arms..closer to the Stickney Pt. Bridge. 6414 Midnight Pass Rd. It is a timeshare that rents from Saturday-Saturday.

~SRQgirl

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Sandpiper Beach Club

Hi do you still own a condo at Sandpiper in Siesta Key. We are staying at Siesta Breakers now but we looked at the Sandpiper and loved it. Office staff is great. We would like to rent next year late May or early June. Let me know!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Sandpiper Beach Club

So sorry for the delay in replying, only read yr request today. My own week falls during American Thanksgiving in November (week 47) but I think you were looking for an earlier date. You could contact the office there and see what they have to offer you re: rental. BTW, the office staff has changed recently, and I believe the service they provide now is probably not the same since the fabulous Assistant resigned when the Gen Mgr was (unfortunately) retained by his buddies on the new Board. (Pardon my opinion!) Anyway, they will certainly have something available for you, it's still a great vacation location. Feel free to keep in touch with me. Regards.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Sandpiper Beach Club

No sorry, mine is on the side #304, but just as nice. The gulf front units are nice for sure for the sunsets etc. but can also be a bit noisy as they overlook the pool and beach. When you spend most of thetime on the beach it doesn't mater that much, right? *lol*

Hudson, FL
Level Contributor
11 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Sandpiper Beach Club

I own two weeks timeshare at Sandpiper and am willing to answer any recent questions about this resort. I've owned here for about 5 years and have explored a lot of the Siesta Key and Sarasota area. It's my favorite place to visit in Florida.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Sandpiper Beach Club

Hi there, read your item and was wondering which weeks you have, in case you might be interested in exchanging sometime? Thanks in advance. jk