We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

seista keys in december?

Which Siesta Key hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
seista keys in december?

bit confused!! is it hot in dec/jan? hot enough to sunbathe and swim in sea. does this apply to all southern gulf coast areas, wanting to book a holiday over christmas period! please help!!

London, UK
Level Contributor
220 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: seista keys in december?

We went to Marco Island last year on 26 December. It was a bit overcast our first couple of days but then it was mid to high 70's and on the beach everyday and the sea was warm enough to swim in. I'm looking to book up for Xmas this year and will prob go back to Marco but have been looking at siesta and anna maria island as well. Just seeing what the cheapest flights are.

england
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: seista keys in december?

thanks, looking for a quiet relaxing area away from hustle and bustle any ideas?

england
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: seista keys in december?

buy the way any rough prices for flights from england?

London, UK
Level Contributor
220 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: seista keys in december?

I've been to Siesta Key for the day but haven't stayed there. Looking at the forum, it seems a nice place for a relaxing holiday. If you have a car you can then explore neighbouring places like Sanibel and Anna Maria Island. I've been looking at flights going Xmas Day and coming back 2nd or 3rd January. So far return flights to Miami are coming in around £450 and to Tampa about £500. Ideally I'd like to go 23rd or 24th December but that puts the price up even more. Websites I have been looking at are British Airways and www.ebookers.com or www.airline-network.co.uk. I have used both of these companies in the past and have found them to be cheaper, but if you find a good price let me know.

sarasota, florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: seista keys in december?

it is too cool for me to sunbathe and swim in december. but i live here. it can get down to the 50's (fahrenheit), though it is mostly in the 60's and 70's. i wear long jeans in the winter here. the further south you go, the warmer it gets---mabye naples would be better?

Fredericksburg...
Level Contributor
164 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: seista keys in december?

We were there the 1st week of December once. The weather was very pleasant. The gulf water was too cold to swim in, but if there's a heated pool where you stay, that would do nicely. We swam in the heated pool at the condo we stayed. We wore shorts, mostly. Towards the end of the week it got in the low 80s, so we sunbathed on the beach. Very comfortable weather. But I also like it in July! Call me crazy, but I like hot weather.