We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vacation decision

Which Siesta Key hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Terra Alta, WV, USA
1 post
Save Topic
vacation decision

I am planning on taking a vacation ALONE--I did this last year for the 1st time and found it was the BEST thing I'd ever done for myself. I went to Sandestin for 1 week and had a fantastic time. This past year I had 2 trips to Naples/Bonita Springs/Marco Island in January and February--I've been looking around over the internet at other places to stay--and not to be anti-kids--or anti-family--but for this trip I would really like some semblence of peace and quiet. I just want to read, shop--hit the beach--and really not even eat out a bunch. I was looking into places such as Anna Maria Island, Longboat Key, Siesta Key--Bonita Beach, or even returning back to Naples...the videos of Anna Maria Island and Longboat Key look so tempting. I was reading through the Sarasota forum and it seemed as though Siesta Key was more of a family/with lots of kids type of place. Again--not that I am anti kids--I just was some real R/R--any suggestions as to the best beach? best resort? best area in the Sarasota /Bradenton or would you advise going further into southwest FL

Chelsea, Alabama
Level Contributor
586 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vacation decision

Siesta Key public beach is pretty large. It is more family oriented though. Just up the strip is Crescent Beach. It is a more private beach. We were there in June and actually preferred Crescent Beach. Go to www.virtualtourist.com and you can see some pictures from that area. Also go to www.siestakeychamber.com and you can find out further info on the beaches in the area.

Turtle beach is also another option for you, but not my preferred beach.

Have a great trip!