We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When to visit

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Topic
When to visit

Came to SK for the first time last year at end of May.Love bugs were real bad the whole week. We are not picky travelers but would have left if we had small children. Having said that-we loved Siesta Key-the beach-- the village-- the people- all fantastic. We want to come back. Please suggest a week to visit between 5/1 and 12/15. We would like to avoid love bugs--red tide( I know that is not predictable) and oppressive heat. Help us come back to an area we loved!!!! Thanks

nashville
Level Contributor
296 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When to visit

We went the week of Thanksgiving, it was perfect, although a litle to cold to get in the ocean for me.

Ive been down there in Feb(nice), May(perfect) June(perfect)& Nov. Ive never seen a lovebug there.

Red tide is just sporadic, from what I hear.

We are starting to get love bugs in TN (springtime)

I had never seen them before about 5 yrs ago. Weird..

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,649 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When to visit

Hey, Phillyman! I remember you!

Love Bugs are here in late May/June.

July-September..hot and humid...but cheap rates

Hurricane season June-October.

Hmmmm. November! Yep. that sounds right!

~SRQgirl

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: When to visit

Hey SRQ Girl. I tried to go easy on the love bug issue because I did not want to alarm folks that have not been to SK yet. I have been going to New Jersey beaches all my life. Also been to California and Outer Banks. Siesta Key is not to be missed. I could live there!! SRQGirl--all your advice was right on and helped us all a lot. Thanks a lot and hope to chat again

4. Re: When to visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, September 20, 2009