We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone stayed @ 77 Beach Rd?

Mahwah
Level Contributor
822 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone stayed @ 77 Beach Rd?

Sorry if this is posted twice.

77 Beach Rd is a private condo and it looks like the patio is directly on the sand! Just what I am looking for. Actually there are 2 condos for rent. Thank you for any info!

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone stayed @ 77 Beach Rd?

I have looked at this condo too, on the one of the rental sites. Then I checked google - maps and there seems to be a road separating it from the sands. I will be in Sarasota in May and may check out the property. If You are interested I will let you know what I sa,. If you go before that, please let me know what you foun d. Thanks. Mimi

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone stayed @ 77 Beach Rd?

If Google Earth has correctly marked #77, then if the property is on the beach side of Beach Rd, it is on the beach. It could also be on the other side of the road in which case you have to cross Beach Rd to get to the beach.

As you get closer to the Siesta public beach, the size of land between the beach-side properties and the water widens considerably. And a small section of Beach Rd, between Ocean Blvd and Calle De La Siesta does have a small road, Tenacity Lane, separating some properties with a Beach Road address, from the beach.

Do they have a phone number? I can call them for you to verify exactly where they are.

Mahwah
Level Contributor
822 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone stayed @ 77 Beach Rd?

The picture of the patio of the downstairs unit really looks like they are right on the sand. The 1st floor unit only has a full size bed, but the upstairs unit has a queen. The phone # is

(941) 349-0272. The owners name is Sheila.

Thank you!

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone stayed @ 77 Beach Rd?

Daisy, I called the number today but there is an answering machine on it. But according to Google Earth, all the properties at that upper end of Beach Rd. are across the road from the beach. But there are no buildings on the beach side in that section of Beach road, so you will look out over the road and right on to the water. The strip of sand is too narrow to put any buildings.

Perhaps you could email Sheila for the information.

Mahwah
Level Contributor
822 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone stayed @ 77 Beach Rd?

ok Thanks again!

Siesta Key Florida
Level Contributor
52 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone stayed @ 77 Beach Rd?

Hi Daisy,

I walked past 77 Beach road this morning on my walk.

Beach Road is closed at that area - and mostly covered with nice white sand, so it's like you're directly on the beach with nothing blocking your view. (and no traffic).

I haven't seen the picture you're talking about, but it has a porch (Lanai) in front of the large house that must have a great view!

Jim

Mahwah
Level Contributor
822 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone stayed @ 77 Beach Rd?

Wow thanks so much SiestaKeyJim. If you wanted to take a look, the pictures are on Homeaway.com under Siesta Key property # 10136. Last year we checked out a few places that were North of 603 Beach Rd and the beach in front of these places was tiny, and the water didn't seem deep enough to swim. Can you tell me if this area of Beach Rd is like that? Thanks again for your help!!

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone stayed @ 77 Beach Rd?

Chuts and SiestaKeyJim,

thanks for your efforts to get the info on this property.

Daisy, if You end staying there, please post on this forum. Each year I'm going up that way and am looking for new places to to stay in. Thanks

Mimi

Minnesota
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone stayed @ 77 Beach Rd?

I have stayed many times along the northern most strip of Beach Road, however never at house number 77.

This area has been my families favorite. Beach Road does travel between the homes and the beach, but it "dead-ends" mid-block so the only people using the road are just a few houses. When we had stayed at 49 Beach Road (2nd house from north end), we had to drive around the block because Beach Road did not go through. I would look at it more as a driveway than a road.

It's very quiet in this area yet you can walk just a few blocks and your in the heart of the Village.

Our daughters love the old pier for spying sea creatures (fish, crabs, etc.).

Hope this helps.

Sheila Mattson

Minnesota native - Florida bound

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Has anyone stayed @ 77 Beach Rd?

Sheila, thanks for the description. It sounds like an area I would be most comfortable in. When I go I will be looking for complete relaxation most of time and if I need a change of pace I could walk to Siesta Village for meals and cocktails. Sounds great. Mimi