We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water Temps in March

Which Siesta Key hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
The Ocean State
Level Contributor
168 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Water Temps in March

I'm considering a Florida vacation with my 10 year old son in March. In previous years we've spend time at Tradewinds on St Pete's beach, but I'm often the only one in the water (temps about 72 deg). This year I was hoping we could head further south. Do you think the water temps are much warmer in Sarasota? If not, where on the gulf coast would you recommend for warm water and beachfront accomodations?

Thanks!

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,383 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water Temps in March

I think you would enjoy the Sarasota area, but the water will only be slightly warmer.

It's a great place for a 10 year old boy. Much better than the Tradewinds on St. Pete beach.

Be aware that March is very crowded here. Many families with children come for spring break.

~SRQgirl

The Ocean State
Level Contributor
168 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water Temps in March

SRQGirl,

Thank you for the reply. We visitied the Sarasota area briefly last March (baseball game, Mote Aquarium) and I thought it would be fun for the two of us (dad has to stay home and work). to return. So the next question is: where should we stay? I had a list of places if we were going to Sanibel, but none for Sarasota. I think I would like beachfront (or really close access) , a pool, and something clean and updated.

Thanks again !

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,383 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water Temps in March

Choices of places to stay will be based on length of stay, price and location.

Many condos during high season have a minimum rental period. How long do you plan on staying?

Would you like a condo or a motel/cottage?

Do you want to be close to Siesta Village or on Crescent Beach?

To get a better idea of prices and choices:

www.siestakeychamber.com

Click on accommodations and look at options.

There are many I would highly recommend.

If you see some you like, in your price range etc. I will give you an opinion.

If you click on "hotels" on this page, you can read reviews for motels and the subheading "other lodging" is a palce for condo reviews.

Things fill up early for the month of March....

Another option if it is in your budget is the Lido Beach Resort on Lido Key. Very nice full service resort. (Reviews on the Sarasota TA page)

~SRQgirl

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water Temps in March

I understand about the water temp. 72 degrees doesn't bother us Rhode Islanders now does it? I was in Siesta Keys in Sept. and the water temp was well into the 80's!! Anyway--I know this is not helpful to you now but had to comment when I saw the Ocean State. Have fun!!

5. Re: Water Temps in March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 am, September 11, 2009