We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant recommendations in Siesta Key

Which Siesta Key hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
MA
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Restaurant recommendations in Siesta Key

We are heading down to Siesta Key next week (we are so excited) and are looking for some recommendations. We were there last year for a wedding and fell in love with the place! We are travelling with a 4 year old, so would like some recommendations for kid friendly places, but we are also travelling with my parents so we will have a sitter for a few nice nights out. What do we like? Everything! Seafood, Italian, whatever. Any must-go-to places? Also, we could use a suggestion for a take out chinese (my parents must have chinese food at least one night).

Thanks in advance!

TN
Level Contributor
125 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant recommendations in Siesta Key

Psaint

Scroll down the SK postings. There are lots of recent ones relating to places to eat. A couple of them give you web addresses to visit.

Phillippi Creek Oyster Bar is my personal favorite family place. We love Blase Cafe for a funky atmosphere and great dinner. The Broken Egg in SK Village is my favorite breakfast place.

Have a great time.

Chicago
Level Contributor
500 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant recommendations in Siesta Key

I agree, we love Phillippe Creek and Broken Egg, both kid friendly! Since you'll have a sitter, check out Ophelia's (on Midnight Pass on Little Sarasota Bay), and request a seat outside on the waterfront. You'll probably need a reservation. A bit pricey, but a beautiful romantic dinner setting with excellent food and wine. We think it is better than a lot of restaurants we've tried in Chicago!!

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,383 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant recommendations in Siesta Key

In Siesta Village you could try Gabbiano's or the Blase Cafe.

In the Crescent Beach area go to Mattisons Siesta Grille.

As previuosly recommended, Ophelias on the Bay is on the south end and upscale.

Ther are many other great places all over town.

Here is a website with many local favorites, many include menus:

www.freshoriginals.com/members.php?id=292

In addition, Flemings for steaks and Roy's for Asian fusion.(Both are upscale) Both on US 41 and Siesta Drive.

~SRQgirl

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
212 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant recommendations in Siesta Key

SRQGirl, Thanks for the attached website. What restaurants that are on here are in close proximity to Siesta Beach Resort that you would recommend? Or, at least not too far away. I already noted Broken Egg, Blase.....

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,383 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant recommendations in Siesta Key

The Siesta Beach Resort is in walking distance to Siesta Village.

Blase Cafe, Gabbiano's, Broken Egg, Village Cafe, Jo-To Japanese Restaurant are in the village.

~SRQgirl

Mahwah, New Jersey
Level Contributor
637 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant recommendations in Siesta Key

Blase was the best. Casual elegance with great food. We did not like the Broken Egg and it was way over priced. SKOB is fun, and during the day kid friendl\y. Salty Dog has great dogs. Piaa place next to SKOB has great pizza and prices. I think it's called Lorenzo's.

Florida
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant recommendations in Siesta Key

Bella Roma on Siesta Key is the best Italian food I have ever had in the US. Make reservations. Seriously. Homemade breads, pastas, tiramusi and cannolis. Order the specials and don't ask about the cost. My husband and I are picky about restaurant food, especially with our Italian food.

The Siesta Key Oyster Bar (SKOB) has the biggest fried fish sandwich I have ever seen in my life...and it was really good. I say that because I am more about quality than quantity, so it was big AND VERY tasty. Their pressed Cuban Sandwich, however, is a must try...and I'm not even a huge Cuban Sandwich fan! It gets loud at night when the live entertainment starts. I love it...sort of "Key West-sh" but my husband hates the noise.

If you want Japanese food, Jo-To across from The Beach Club and next door to the SKOB is great...husband and myself approved (again, we are really picky eaters and only recommend a couple of restaurants).

FYI-No offense the the precious poster, but the Phillipi Creek Oyster Bar i(NOT on Siesta Key) s near my house (walking distance) and we have been there 2 times in 1.5 years of living here. The ambiance nice if you get a table on the creek (there are only a few), but the food is VERY overrated and overpriced. I ordered a fried seafood plate...hard to mess up, right? It was okay, nothing special, but overpriced. This is an example of a good place gone bad due to too much popularity. Go to the SKOB on Siesta Key instead.

Florida
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant recommendations in Siesta Key

Oops!

I meant to say, "the previous poster", not "the precious poster". Sorry! :)

9. Re: Restaurant recommendations in Siesta Key

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, August 31, 2009