We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Gear - to rent, or not to rent, that is the question!

Saint Louis...
8 posts
Save Topic
Beach Gear - to rent, or not to rent, that is the question!

Hello everyone, we're staying on Siesta Key near Crescent Beach this October. We're from the midwest but my family vacationed at the key and in South Florida growing up, so I'm very excited to introduce my husband and (will be) 10 month old to this fantastic place. We however, own ZERO beach gear. We need beach towels, chairs, a good umbrella, small cooler, etc. The place we rented does not provide any of those amenities (we had to grab a bargain place due to our budget). Does anyone have any suggestions on how to rent this gear for a minimal cost? I don't want to buy most of it because we don't need it and we'll be flying back on a plane anyhow. We plan to be on the beach every day of our vacation, so 5 days worth. Any suggestions you have would be terrific. Thank you in advance!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,853 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Gear - to rent, or not to rent, that is the question!

First off, you might have large towels that would suit you.

And for the rental, if driving (and can bring back) you might find buying items are the same price or cheaper than rentals.

I have to say, i am surprised any beach rental would not have these items. Even a budget rental would have things left behind by the previous renter like you. I might be inclined to wait til you get there to find out. Also, you can find some items cheap at Goodwill, then redonate after you leave.

I dont bother with a small cooler. i use my beach bag, then wrap a frozen bottle of water in a towel (you can add any other drinks to this package to keep cold). Also, there are some smaller collapsible coolers that are easy to pack to bring with you

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
11,235 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Gear - to rent, or not to rent, that is the question!

Where are you staying? on the bay side or the Gulf side of SK?

Many condos have beach gear on the premises.

~SRQgirl

3. Re: Beach Gear - to rent, or not to rent, that is the question!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 08, 2018