We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Siesta Key or Fort De Soto for kids?

Which Siesta Key hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Siesta Key or Fort De Soto for kids?

We're traveling to Orlando in March. We plan on taking a few day trips to the beaches on the gulf coast. We're trying to decide between Treasure Island, North Beach at Fort De Soto and Siesta Key. We'll have a 5 year old and 2 year old. All we really want is a low key, non-honky tonk, kind of quiet, very natural kind of beach with not alot of waves so the kids can actaully swim. Any opinions on which of these beaches would fit our needs best? Or are there even better ones we haven't heard from? Thanks!

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,426 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Siesta Key or Fort De Soto for kids?

I think you would enjoy Crescent Beach on Siesta Key.

Very kid friendly, but further away from Orlando.

~SRQgirl

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
2,917 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Siesta Key or Fort De Soto for kids?

Fort DeSoto Park is a Pinellas County Park, very nice picnic areas and bath house, there is the old fort too. Nothing commercial here so not honky-tonk. I really do wish people would define what is meant by honky-tonk, because for me it is a style of music or a cheap tawdry bar. Amount of waves will depend on weather and wind conditions.

3. Re: Siesta Key or Fort De Soto for kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, August 24, 2009