We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

watercolor v seaside (or anywhere on 30A)

Eastern Shore
1 post
Save Topic
watercolor v seaside (or anywhere on 30A)

I am looking at this area for a vacation this summer; most probably late June or July. We will be in a party of 4 adults, 2 - 5 year olds, and a 1.5 year old. Which of the areas have more things to do like shops and eateries etc. that may be easily accessed? We don't just want to just pool and beach it all of the time this year. I really want to be able to see the beach/ocean from the condo/house but I don't know how possible this will be. Are Watercolor and Seaside ammenities accessible to all (like parks and playgrounds, etc.)? I just don't know the best compromises to make regarding ocean view and alternate activities. In addition, would you recommend renting a golf cart? Please help.

There may be an additional 2 adults; 1 college aged child, and 1 10 year old that join us. If the second family would join us, would your advise remain unchanged?

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
170 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: watercolor v seaside (or anywhere on 30A)

I've never stayed at Watercolor or Seaside but have spent lots of time in those areas. Either one would be great for shopping and eating. Seaside especially since you could just walk or bike everywhere. They are really beautiful communities.

That said, saw only a very few condos that are on the beach or have an ocean view in Watercolor or Seaside. Those that do I'm sure are pretty pricey.

You might have more luck looking in Blue Mountain Beach or Dune Allen Beach. Both are within easy driving distance (5-10 mins) to Watercolor/Seaside, have a little more reasonable rentals, and you're more likely to find varied rental options (condo/townhome/house, etc).

Edited: 5:17 pm, February 13, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
28,548 posts
419 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: watercolor v seaside (or anywhere on 30A)

I agree to look at either Blue Mountain or Seagrove area for condo/townhouses on the beach. Lots of bike trails in the area. Some have playgrounds and most have pools.

Block Island, Rhode...
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: watercolor v seaside (or anywhere on 30A)

Try Seagrove! Its just down the road from the town center in Seaside, but there are a lot more condos beaches right on the beach with better beach access (at least from my experience, we are renting a condo at the Beachwood Villas in Seagrove).

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: watercolor v seaside (or anywhere on 30A)

Try Seacrest Beach. It is between Rosemary Beach and Alys Beach and has shops and restaurants and activities and is a short drive from Seagrove, Seaside, Watercolor, and Grayton Beach (as well as Panama City).

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: watercolor v seaside (or anywhere on 30A)

I would strongly recommend finding a rental that is close enough to the beach to avoid renting a golf cart. You can't use golf carts on 30A itself, or on the bike path and it's just another expense and you can't park them at any of the neighborhood beach accesses.

Seaside is fun for shopping and sight seeing. So are Rosemary Beach and Grayton. Most of the beach communities on 30A have great restaurants within walking distance.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
8 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: watercolor v seaside (or anywhere on 30A)

Seaside is the best community by far to stay in! I've been going for 10 years and enjoy every second. There is just a beautiful spirit about Seaside that you cannot duplicate anywhere else! The people are wonderful and so is the community! Safe travels to you!

Save Reply
7. Re: watercolor v seaside (or anywhere on 30A)

Where do u stay usually? Would like a house rental

8. Re: watercolor v seaside (or anywhere on 30A)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:05 pm, May 18, 2014
9. Re: watercolor v seaside (or anywhere on 30A)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, May 03, 2016